What have you done to your car today?

Did a 2 hour round trip in it to collect an indigo iMac G3.

Hottest day of the year in a car with no AC and black leather, it was a little bit miserable...

I also ran out of shorts so had to wear trousers, and there was traffic because someone broke down on a roundabout...

I have melted into a puddle.

Oh I also fitted a replacement window winder after the drivers side rear one snapped in half.
I remember when I had the Smart (no AC, manual windows) and was stuck in motorway stop/go traffic driving to a festival in July. I blistered the side of my hand from all the cranking to open and close my window!

MOT for the E46 today. Not the straight pass like it used to get for about ten years in a row, but considering I was told by a friend of a friend (garage owner) that I should be surprised if it made it through another MOT two years ago, I'm happy it will live another 12+ months.

It could do with a pair of front discs soon, but they aren't urgent as I don't use the car much and I can do that job with one arm tied behind my back. Also an advisory on the rear bush on the offside control arm. Surprisingly, not mentioned on the MOT, was rear tyres which it will need pretty soon, but I didn't want to replace them before the MOT just incase things went very south. I'll probably just get another o/s control arm and have a wheel alignment done because I changed the nearside control arm a couple of weekends ago, but hadn't driven the car properly until today to notice how much the alignment is off!

Other than that, an advisory about where I cleaned up and protected some underside surface corrosion last year and a slightly deteriorated brake hose which I checked last weekend and don't agree with. If I can get the E92 to the point where I am happy with it mechanically then I'll think about having the E46 sills/jack points reinforced and rear wheel arches tidied up before the next MOT. I guess it could be a lot worse with 212k on the clock.

Drove 2 hours to do a job. the 440i's AC decided it was time to die.

Checked the little aux coolant tank, yep very low.
Chucked in some coolant, AC working again :D

Not today, but Friday I am having 2 x new rear reluctor rings fitted on existing driveshaft, new ABS sensor, new rear discs fitted and new rear pads

Changed the oil and filter on my B58 for an interim service. Was extremely happy when the filter came out in one piece as they do have a habit of ripping when you try to take them out and turning the job into a nightmare

washed the car before the sun was too high two buckets -
rear window wouldn't lift back up, after dismamtle, the track had become unglued from window base - some vhb tape for that and molycote regrease on mechanism,
expected that mechanism would be broken.
gummi-fledge'd interior of all window seals
for first time ever risked cleaning rear glass heating mesh across the top of the mesh , rubbing in direction of the filaments - web suggested this wouldn't kill it,
had only ever cleaned between the lines before.

T2JQ4lB.jpeg

:p

Back
Top Bottom