What have you done to your car today?

Man of Honour
I did the same, recently bought a Giulia QV.... 500bhp on our roads is just pointless. No idea why people remap them to 600bhp.

Obviously remaps often come with torque as well as bhp changes but for me on the road it is about torque - where I want the power most is get up and go ability giving me flexibility and options for dealing with other people's driving :s

Caporegime
Obviously remaps often come with torque as well as bhp changes but for me on the road it is about torque - where I want the power most is get up and go ability giving me flexibility and options for dealing with other people's driving :s

If the stock torque figure isn't enough for that already I'd probably just give up. :p

Soldato
Just ordered some diff oil from World of Lubricants. It was already cheap and then I found a 12% off code to make it even cheaper. I'll attempt to change the diff oil myself when it arrives next week.
I'm about to do 2000 miles in the car and the rear brake pads are looking very low, so I'm tempted to change them before we leave. The wear indicator hasn't lit up yet so I'm still in 2 minds.
I'm also going to check the rear wheel bearings as it seems a little noisy when rolling. Easy enough to change out.

Man of Honour
Insurance and mods is an odd one - I've got declared mods on the pickup and it added nothing, enquired about a relatively small one on another vehicle, and an official product not some DIY thing, and they wanted £££.

Last edited:
Soldato
Insurance and mods is an odd one - I've got declared mods on the pickup and it added nothing, enquired about a relatively small one on another vehicle, and an official product not some DIY thing, and they wanted £££.
Cos insurance algos are just plain random.

Last edited:
Soldato
I did the same, recently bought a Giulia QV.... 500bhp on our roads is just pointless. No idea why people remap them to 600bhp.

I don’t no, I’ve owned a W213 E63S for 4 years and now own an F90 M5 Comp. Both cars are over 600bhp stock, I just love how the acceleration is just relentless plus I wanted a v8 before they are a long and distant memory. I have considered remapping it but don’t want to lose my warranty.

Last edited:
Associate
After I have had my wing mirror hit twice and bent the wrong way twice I had a crack on the mount of my old ones so I decided to look into power folding mirrors for my 440i. The 4 series ones were expensive and I managed to get some M4 ones for around the same price, with the genuine BMW carbon fibre caps which are like £600!, fitted them yesterday and very happy with the result.

Also fitted some magnetic paddle shifters, they feel awesome.
Before (with the ebay M4 style caps):
455010474_10100427217262831_4011197650223437790_n.jpg

After:
454820241_10100427217277801_517303509148811260_n.jpg

Love the indicators.
455058372_10100427452536341_5165372723183660078_n.jpg

Last edited:
Don
Gave them both a quick "refresher" clean (as they were only done properly last weekend. Then touched up a few stone chips on both.

Also had a go at repairing the couple of chips in the Countryman's windscreen that were there when I bought it.
Still noticeable but don't look any worse and at least they feel smooth and sealed from the outside. Not sure why the previous owner didn't get them done straight away :(

Associate
This morning, I spent sometime servicing my wife’s Mazda 6 2.0L petrol. We have owned this car 8 years and I have been servicing myself during that time. All ready for its MOT on Friday.

Commissario
How did the windscreen cleaning go?
Very well, I just put a couple of inches of warm water into a bucket along with a few drops of washing up liquid. Damped one of these in the water, wiped it over the inside of the windscreen and then used another one of them to dry it off. Repeated twice, just go be sure and all the smearing has gone. I didn't bother with the passenger side, it was only the driver side that was smeared and that's the side I look out of ;)

Soldato
Very well, I just put a couple of inches of warm water into a bucket along with a few drops of washing up liquid. Damped one of these in the water, wiped it over the inside of the windscreen and then used another one of them to dry it off. Repeated twice, just go be sure and all the smearing has gone. I didn't bother with the passenger side, it was only the driver side that was smeared and that's the side I look out of ;)

Brilliant.

It’s easy to get stuck into using fancy products, but sometimes you can get perfect results with items you have in the house. Wouldn’t use fairy liquid for anything else though :D

Don’t get me wrong, my garage is FULL of detailing products but that’s because it’s a hobby.

Back
Top Bottom