What have you done to your car today?

Got some new fidget spinners

Vd4YznO.jpeg

and coolant and prey it's not the matrix.
presumably you can tell if it were coolant. I used newspapers and old towels beneath the carpet for a while, while mine dryed out,
did some resealing on door weather panels with butyl tape

-----------------

Independent garage for 3er ABS module code analysis (not sure a std obd would have done it)
ABS pump motor fault
Right intake valve

maybe if I had given the ABS a workout regularly it wouldn't have failed.
undecided on having unit reconditioned and replacing myself, seems you don't need any special bleeding,
may get a ratchet open ended spanner for access on lines, need to research cleaning of connections before re-assembly

I looked at the GTR in detail, its on my list. I have a good friend though who runs a JDM garage and after a long chat with him, I decided against it. Not sure Id appreciate some of the risk/bills.

I loved the ISF, but think Ive discounted it now. The RCF was cheap at £25k, any more expensive and Id discount it I think. My current focus is the BMW i8 - made an offer last night on a good approved used but as usual it came down to £500 either way, which is nothing really, but I just like to at leas feel I got some kind of good deal :)

GT-R is on my bucket list but doesn't fit into my life at the moment and some of the potential bills I have a hard time reconciling vs my usage - albeit I've spent that kind of money keeping my Navara on the road :s

What welder did you go for? I have rusty rear arches on my 9-3 and tempted to repair with the pattern arches available as bit of a project.

Just a cheap one for around £150 but it had knobs so I could adjust the amps and wire speed. Flux core too although I managed to get some 0.6mm flux core from Lidl which helped a lot on thinner metals like bodywork.

I would try and get one that uses gas however as it is much easier to use.

Fitted adaptive LED headlights to replace the non-adaptive ones the car came with. They do cornering and beam splitting etc which will be welcome, especially with winter approaching, and they look more modern.

IMG-0121.jpg

IMG-0125.jpg

Still need to fiddle with the bumper to bonnet gaps after refitting the bumper, plus coding required.

Reactions: V_R
I've made a daft decision, as usual. :D

I've currently got Ferodo DS2500 pads all round and, because I'm an idiot at times who makes impulsive decisions late at night on eBay, after reading some good reviews of these for everyday use (even though they are sold as a track-only pad) I picked up a set of Ferodo DS1.11 front pads which I need to fit and give a go - why you ask, well because I'm an idiot as I mentioned previously. I've been fairly happy with the DS2500's, especially after finally getting ALL the brake fluid swapped out (inc the ABS), rather than just 1/3 from the calipers/pipes only, but slowing down from high speeds in a 2 ton car really does push them close to their limit at times, and the DS1.11 with its higher Mu and higher temp range (for the same price as the DS2500) seems to be worth a go based on a lot of reviews.

Obviously being a track pad they may be noisy but everyone seems to rate their cold performance as similar to the DS2500, which with a track pad is always a concern however I'll keep my current DS2500's spare just in case. Again, not idea why just a late night impulse buy because (once more with feeling) I'm an idiot at times :D

New remote fob. Spent months mashing the buttons to get the car locked or unlocked and then raised the funds to spend £10 on a new one and quickly code it and swap the transponder chip across. Just needs a gently touch of a butterfly to open now ( or feels like it anyway!)

New remote fob. Spent months mashing the buttons to get the car locked or unlocked and then raised the funds to spend £10 on a new one and quickly code it and swap the transponder chip across. Just needs a gently touch of a butterfly to open now ( or feels like it anyway!)
So satisfying! I just did this on mine when the car got diagnosed with fatal rust. The replacement fob is a mass of glue and cracks :(

Been making some quality of life improvements today.

Installed a couple extra USB ports, hidden behind the glovebox. Ran a cable across the car, and using it to charge a magsafe charger in the vents beside the drivers wheel, and the other feeds a magsafe charger in the center console cubby hole.

While I was in the fuse box anyway, I also hardwired in a dashcam.

Dunno if I mentioned it earlier, but also fitted a wireless carplay dongle, and updated the factory nav the other day.

So getting there.

Got some carbon shift paddles, carbon look wing mirror covers and a battery cover on the way from China. Will see what the quality looks like when they all arrive.

So satisfying! I just did this on mine when the car got diagnosed with fatal rust. The replacement fob is a mass of glue and cracks :(
Mine had rust along the sills which would likely fail the MOT next year but was worth (to me anyway) forking out for them to be repaired / welded. It's a good runner and not worth much more than scrap I don't think.

Back
Top Bottom