What have you done to your car today?

I have been running supermarket fuel lately as my old dear loves the Morrisons points that thing accumulates when it costs £130 to fill up.
Really can't see how that caused the big end to let go though.

Just a quip in light of the paranoia in the recent super market fuel thread

Those clips were installed. It appears 10 was not enough, I replaced all of them and there were 11 in total to replace so I used one of the old ones and swapped the padding washer with a good one. They clipped in like a glove. Joys.

Bought cylinder block - £69
Bought crankshaft - £75

No cosy workshop for this job... :o

2013-10-07204542_zpsd25937d7.jpg

Started taking the old bird apart.

2013-10-07234519_zpsf95d5f82.jpg

Took apart the cluster and discovered some tard has covered over the airbag light, and the brake wear LED. :rolleyes::mad:

Got it up on a ramp and clipped the rear wear sensor back in place and cleared that fault (how amazingly difficult) and pretty sure my occupancy sensor net has died on its arse, hence the air bag light. Either that or tard who covered the cluster lights replaced a window regulator and took an airbag off and then put the keys in the ignition to test the window.
Oh joy.

Looks pretty clean, what year's it?

"T" 98/99

She is very tidy. :D Camshaft looks almost new, no wear on it and no orrible goop inside the engine either.

Next question is "have I goosed the cylinder head". (hoping there's not been any (too much) piston to head contact...

Bed time now though I'm knackered.

What do we reckon is likely / possible to have caused it? Sudden oil pickup / starvation issues?

Fair play for cracking on with sorting it so quickly. I dunno what I'd do if that happened to me.

I also need to hold the crankshaft from rotating away from the bar.. One man operation this is not (well not tonight anyway.)

I think i'll forget that until I can bring in some cavalry from work tomorrow in the form of a 3/4" bar, I feel better about putting a bar on that instead of my poor old 1/2" kit I've got here. OOf!

Never mind, will revisit that tomorrow.

Managed to extricate the sump and fished out the bits that the newness had worn off..

1383343_10152306400447178_375770341_n_zpsaeae6f15.jpg

Youll have to check the packaging, but i think you can use this stuff on bits inside the car and if the internet can be believed it performs miracles

2008_0628TCut0012.jpg

Back
Top Bottom