What have you done to your car today?

Figured the S15 has been neglected since coming off the road so got round to buying it some bits.
Shiny new Cadillac CTS-V Brembo calipers and Mazworx adapters, had the Evo8 discs lying around for ages already.

Figured the washer fluid would be a good idea on the barge since I've used a lot recently and don't know if it has a reminder on the dash. I decided when I bought it that I couldn't be bothered to wash it at all, but the headlights got a wipe, I don't know how to work the headlight washers tbh.

Last edited:
Got my proper wheels back on again now with a fresh set of Michelin PS3's on them. Feels sooo much nicer to drive already, giving me some much needed confidence again.

IMG_20141206_164024.jpg

I've also been painting up my brand new calipers (not remanufactured) ready to be fitted soon hopefully.

Adjusted the hardtop roof latch to stop it rattling. Easy job apart from the bloody spring clip/circlip! Too small for my circlip pliers and fiddly as anything and kept pinging off. Gave up and replaced it completely in the end.

After getting my wheel back Friday from powdercoaters i decided the rest looked a state, Washed, clayed and waxed them again. Popped the center caps back in after i wrapped them the other day and put the bolt caps back on (i forgot the caps when i took the photo)

kyYCNAql.jpg

All nice and clean again. The car needs doing but ill do that another day :)

Swapped my Oz's for the standard wheels to do their winter turn on the car.

Gave the 19's a clean and polish, and noticed some funny wear going on with the tyres which are Goodyear Eagle F1 AS2's

EagleF1AS2.jpg

EagleF1AS2-2.jpg

Strange ridge running round all of the tyres on one of the inner section of tread. It's about 1mm higher than the rest of the tread.

Overall the tyres have worn fairly evenly, but looking at them 1 is definitely low (3mm) and the rest vary from 3-5mm. Don't see the point in refitting the set next year so I'll be shopping for a new set. Not sure what I'll fit yet, the Goodyears seem to have performed ok I just need to check my figures to see what sort of mileage I got out of them.

Yesterday.
Got 2 wheels with decent Michelin tyres off my mate for nowt, they'd been laying in his back yard for donkeys years & he'll never use them now so he gave them to me. Wire brushed them, painted them with silver hammerite & stuck them on, Sorted the pressures out & they are untold better than the worn out ditch finders that were on the front. :)

Cambelt, waterpump, coolant, rocker gasket, fan belt and windscreen washer pump sorted today.

New exhaust going on next week (got a bigger downpipe/precat removal fitted already), silicon boost hoses, better air filter and crossover pipe delete so direct feed to turbo on their way, just had oil & filter and spark plugs etc done the other week. Brake fluid and gearbox oil to complete all servicing and then remap time :)

Although I am gonna get new rear axle bushes and ARB droplinks on soon as they're a bit worse for wear. Nothing to worry about just yet I guess but if I know they're not quite bang on I'll be itching to get them done.

Still pretty pleased by time it will all be done it will be at VXR performance for a bit over 3 grand all in and no less maintenance will be bang on to boot :)

heartsurgery.jpg

Do you have a thread on this?

Or can you tell me a lot more about it?? :p

Tidy MK3's there :)

Do you have a thread on this?

Or can you tell me a lot more about it?? :p

Not got a thread, not much to tell... Got it cheap (I thought) @ £2150, spent a bit on maintenance so far and slowly gathering go faster bits so it'll be a bit of a Q car :) 2.0 Z20LER, 200BHP standard.

Today it's had the exhaust completed so turboback all done now, 2.75" downpipe was already fitted, then today I've had 2.5" decat/flexi section, cat back with 5x3" oval tailpipe. Sounds pretty sweet now (if you like that kinda thing :))

Also this lot arrived today:

crossoverdelete.jpg

Remaining plans are just a couple more boost pipes, remap, front bumper respray after winter, new rear axle bushes and front droplinks, gearbox oil and brake fluid change and it's then fully maintained top to bottom and as modded as I am gonna be bothering with, it was only a cheap car to start with afterall :) Will be good for 250BHP. Bigger front mount intercooler, VXR injectors, VXR turbo, VXR MAF etc I can be nudging 300BHP then with a good map but we'll come to that if stuff breaks :)

Current spec in spoiler below, some stuff still needs fitting what I've got, just never got free time!

- Vauxhall Astra SRi 200+ 2.0 16v Turbocharged 5 door hatchback in Star Silver with factory fitted X Pack bodykit and reverse sensors.
- 2.0 16v Turbo Z20LER engine
- Standard turbo (55559848 K04)
- 6 Speed M32 gearbox
- Astra VXR GM spark plugs
- 2.75" pre-cat de-cat/downpipe. 2.5" De-cat/flexi section and cat back custom system, 5x3" oval tailpiece
- JS Performance Direct Feed to turbo induction set up & MAF extention cable (to be fitted)
- Pipercross 200x200x80 cone filter (to be fitted)
- Polished crossover pipe and top hat and simota air filter
- Courtenay exhaust manifold polished heatshield
- Creation motorsport silcon oil breather pipe
- Samco silicon coolant hoses
- JOM coilover kit
- OEM disks and Mintex pads front and rear
- Vauxhall "Penta" 8x18" 5 spoke alloy wheels
- 225/40/18 Tyres; Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance (92w) & Pirelli P Zero Rosso (92y)
- Pioneer DEH2500UI Head Unit & linked to steering controls (to be fitted)
- OEM Front Components and Rear Components
- Focal Elite RCA cable (to be fitted)
- Vibe 8AWG wiring kit (to be fitted)
- Vibe Fast Plug (to be fitted)
- JL Audio JX250/1 monoblock amplifier (to be fitted)
- JL Audio Basswedge CP112-W0v3 12" 12w0v3 Subwoofer & Enclosure (to be fitted)
- X Pack bodykit all round (front bumper valance, sideskirts, rear bumper valance, rear spoiler)
- New front headlight clusters
- Blue VXR coloured brake calipers
- OEM style bee sting aerial
- Hidden Westfalia detachable towbar!

I had some tatty (worn, scuffed, faded) leather in my E36 M3 so I decided to give the furniture clinic car restoration kit a go. I'm utterly shocked at the results on my first attempt which is the rear seat bench. Will do the other seats over the next week or so.

Before:
0tsshrs.jpg

After:
cHR0j8W.jpg

72k on it when I bought it a couple of months ago, did cambelt etc for piece of mind and it's on 76k now, nothing has even broke yet and it's a Vauxhall! But don't believe everything you read on OcUK motors forum I suppose :P

I don't think anyone here has said that Vauxhalls are particularly unreliable, so no real surprise it's done 4k without issues.

Back
Top Bottom