What have you done to your car today?

Wish I could have picked up a deal like yours! I did jump in with mine as I needed a car asap.

I'm doing arb droppings tonight as I'm getting a tapping noise on speedbumps and on full lock on rough Road surfaces.

Next year I'll get my cambelt done as I'm on 74k just now with and don't want to take it that the the 100k mark.

What tyre pressure do you run? I've went back to 36/33 and it is harsher but doesn't feel as vague at higher speeds. I hated 39/36.

It was quite a good deal and largely looked after anyway but for piece of mind I'm getting all the servicing type jobs done and dusted. Once that, performance mods and winter are out of the way I can spend a few hundred on a few small paintwork bits and that will do then.

I run 35F/33R, it's on coilovers too but I'm used to that from pretty much every car I've owned so it's not too bad for me :)

It was quite a good deal and largely looked after anyway but for piece of mind I'm getting all the servicing type jobs done and dusted. Once that, performance mods and winter are out of the way I can spend a few hundred on a few small paintwork bits and that will do then.

I run 35F/33R, it's on coilovers too but I'm used to that from pretty much every car I've owned so it's not too bad for me :)

I'm happy with 36/33 for now.

What I'm not happy about is having fitted the droplinks which on my drive to check them seemed quiet I'm getting knocking again, enough that when I shake the steering I get a clutch when I turn right. I can do it on demand.

They were definitely tight as anything so doubt they will have came loose.

To top it off at 70-80 I've got vibration through the wheel. Can fitting the wheels back on the opposite way from before have an effect on wheel balance? Is have thought not.

Frustrating :(

I'll clean the hub faces up with a wire brush when I have a look at the drop links.

Is it OK to Jack the car from the subframe? That's where I had my stands sat I'm sure.

Car was back at the dealer to get a interior piece ordered as there was a knick in the leather from when it was delivered and to see if they could sort the condensation in the headlights. Leather piece is now on back order and the lights they haven't sorted so will be new units ordered.

Fitted the standard wheels back on the ST today so it is now officially winter :(

Wasn't quite done at F1 pit-stop speed as I took bit of extra time to clean up the struts and disc faces etc one the Oz's were removed. No horrors lurking under the wheel arches so job was nice and straight forward.

Finished off by fitting a stubby roof aerial in place of the original Ford one as the rubber material was starting to split where it screwed onto the base. No idea if the FM radio reception is ok but it looks better :p

Took me old Van up & down the M69 for it's First motorway test/run. It sits at about 67mph & can hold it up hill & the Temp gauge never moves, That'll do me for my long runs. :)

Air filter fitted (with a lot of hassle, thanks BMW for being a pain), also a rounded hex which didnt help matters

EGR Valve cleaned (Was much less hassle that the air filter!)

before.jpg

after1.JPG

after2.JPG

Opened up the MX-5 for the first time in 6 weeks to find it soaked inside with mildew everywhere :( Cleaned it up and took it for a 20 mile drive with the roof off. Gave it a quick spruce up with some Greased Lightning waterless wash and wax and it is now covered up with half a dozen moisture traps in there until spring.

Opened up the MX-5 for the first time in 6 weeks to find it soaked inside with mildew everywhere :( Cleaned it up and took it for a 20 mile drive with the roof off. Gave it a quick spruce up with some Greased Lightning waterless wash and wax and it is now covered up with half a dozen moisture traps in there until spring.

Are all the drain holes clear and the roof watertight? Mine was fine sat for some time.

I'll clean the hub faces up with a wire brush when I have a look at the drop links.

Is it OK to Jack the car from the subframe? That's where I had my stands sat I'm sure.

Gave the wheels and hub faces a slight rub down and swapped the wheels over which seems to have fixed the wheel balance issue up to 90mph.

It turned out the lemforder drop link needed literally a 1/4 turn to nip it up fully which was causing a terrible terrible clunk. Turns out both parts are stamped TRW to be fair too.

How does one tighten something up tight when you use a 5mm allen key to hold the centre in place while you tighten the 18mm nut but you can't get a ring end of a spanner in and the flat side little in the way of purchase on it.

Is there a specific tool?

Gave the wheels and hub faces a slight rub down and swapped the wheels over which seems to have fixed the wheel balance issue up to 90mph.

It turned out the lemforder drop link needed literally a 1/4 turn to nip it up fully which was causing a terrible terrible clunk. Turns out both parts are stamped TRW to be fair too.

How does one tighten something up tight when you use a 5mm allen key to hold the centre in place while you tighten the 18mm nut but you can't get a ring end of a spanner in and the flat side little in the way of purchase on it.

Is there a specific tool?

Ratchet open ended spanner?

Not today, last week had brake pipes replaced front to back due to excessive corrosion. Not cheap. Also had valve rocker cover gasket replaced but at least that was done under warranty.

Back
Top Bottom