What have you done to your car today?

visited bodyshop for progress...

-Bonnet has been prepped, resprayed and fitted
-The engine bay has been resprayed and all the parts that were removed have been put back on.
-The front bumper has been prepped, also includes patching up of the number plate holes and relocation of the day time running lights.

Cleaned up a gearbox bellhousing in preparation for some 3 into 1 gearbox magic:

Take 1 Celica 190 6 speed gearbox
Add the Torsen LSD from a mk3 MR2
Throw in the bellhousing from a mk1 MR2
Season with mk2 na driveshafts

Today I fitted a 182 look KTR exhaust to my Clio 172.
That took 5 hours!
Wasnt a simple as i thought, Was forced to make my own mount for one of the pipes. That was fun.

Also washed the car and father in laws BMW M5.

Tomorrow i will be swapping bumpers over on the Clio in prep of Plastidipping sunday

Today I tried to figure out why the radiator fan started working again, I couldn't figure it out, so gave up and was just thankful that it had. Also reset the check-engine light again, damn thing is annoying. Its almost like its trying to tell me something! :p

Passed the MOT with 3 advisories on tyres, since they were all different no name brands replaced them with some Goodyear EfficientGrip Compacts this morning, £46 a corner fitted. The wonders of running a tiny car!

Passed the MOT with 3 advisories on tyres, since they were all different no name brands replaced them with some Goodyear EfficientGrip Compacts this morning, £46 a corner fitted. The wonders of running a tiny car!

My ContiPremiumContact2's were £42 a corner fitted. Cheap tyres are certainly one bonus of small car ownership. :D

Changed the headlight bulbs as they're ten year old D2S Xenons. Unfortunately you can't remove the bulbs from the headlamps easily, without taking the headlamps out the car. To get the headlamp units off the car, you have to take the bumper off. And to get the bumper off, you need to access bolts blocked by the wheels. Because French :p.

IMG_9016.JPG

IMG_9018.JPG

Last edited:
Lol Renault. Ok, not so bad if you have Xenon bulbs, but I imagine a bloody nightmare if you have regular halogens which need replacing every couple of years.

A friend of mine has a Renault Megane that needs to be taken to a garage to have his headlight bulb changed. Mental.

While I don't have to take the front bumper off of my car to change the headlight bulbs, the last time I had to change them it was so unbelievably awkward, that I think it must have taken more time than if I had just taken it off... :p

Lol Renault. Ok, not so bad if you have Xenon bulbs, but I imagine a bloody nightmare if you have regular halogens which need replacing every couple of years.

A friend of mine has a Renault Megane that needs to be taken to a garage to have his headlight bulb changed. Mental.

every couple of years? my wifes had her ford c-max for coming up 6 years and never had to change a bulb once

every couple of years? my wifes had her ford c-max for coming up 6 years and never had to change a bulb once

ISTR that the "rated" life for vehicle filament bulbs is around 100 hours.

Not that much really. I guess you have been fortunate. (However, I think a routine change might well be in order)

On a wider note, IMO "Construction and use" regulations should require that legally mandated bulbs should be (in principle) easily replaceable by the vehicle operator, at night, without requiring any special tools not provided in the vehicle tool kit.

The idea that anybody might find themselves stranded for the sake of a headlight bulb is insane!

ISTR that the "rated" life for vehicle filament bulbs is around 100 hours.

Not that much really. I guess you have been fortunate. (However, I think a routine change might well be in order)

On a wider note, IMO "Construction and use" regulations should require that legally mandated bulbs should be (in principle) easily replaceable by the vehicle operator, at night, without requiring any special tools not provided in the vehicle tool kit.

The idea that anybody might find themselves stranded for the sake of a headlight bulb is insane!

100hours what a load of bull some people could do that in a couple of weeks for gods sake, and why would a routine change be in order? they shine just as bright now as they ever had done???? Passed its MOT year on year without any advisory's

Cleaned some wheels. I think I have the beginnings of a "problem"...

Winters for the F11:

Can't decide between the summers for the e46 though...

It's between the MV3's :

And the 3SDM's :

Will test fit both tomorrow and post pics for opinions...

My garage is a bit full of cr@p now though...

I need a nice set for my F10, if I'm on 17s currently then switching to 18s is going to mess up my ride height isn't it?

No, it's going to make no difference. Changed the 17's on my Dads (same as yours) to 18's without issue. Moved to non RFT at the same time and it rides and handles better now than it did before.

[TW]Fox;27382134 said:
No, it's going to make no difference. Changed the 17's on my Dads (same as yours) to 18's without issue. Moved to non RFT at the same time and it rides and handles better now than it did before.

Cheers Fox and xs2man, will start shopping for 18s then!

Back
Top Bottom