What have you done to your car today?

Picked it up yesterday, drove it to work today - had a good look over it in the daylight (or the Scottish equivalent) now need to decide what cleaning supplies are needed for it

Not today but Sunday..

Put my front splitter and rear spats back on! New front and rear bumper went on so had to take them off.

Mud flaps next!

*Edit* Also renewed my tag (license plate) for 2 years... $72. That's the only fee you pay to keep your car on the road here.

Last edited:
That's the bit I struggle with in terms of getting a decent finish, I find it difficult to work with when dry, half the area wants to come off no matter how well you think you've trimmed it

It must also cost a fortune in material to do it

Quite like the result of the plastidipping :) what colour did you use? Also as above, am pretty sure insurance/DVLA don't need to be told as it's not a permanent change of colour.

It has a texture finish yes. Looks fine close up ( better than a gloss finish with swirl marks)
Why would you use a tar remover on it, it's rubber and washes fine with normal car shampoo

Lol Renault. Ok, not so bad if you have Xenon bulbs, but I imagine a bloody nightmare if you have regular halogens which need replacing every couple of years.

A friend of mine has a Renault Megane that needs to be taken to a garage to have his headlight bulb changed. Mental.

Given that the original bulbs lasted ten years and I was careful not to touch the glass with my fingers, I'm hoping the replacements will outlast my ownership of the car! :p Well unless the ballasts or igniters fail first.

Whilst it's a poor design by Renault, I do give them a bit of leeway. Not only is having Xenons as standard ten years ago in a French hatchback pretty impressive, they're already short on space in the engine bay with the bigger engine capacity and all the PAS/Aircon gubbins etc (hence why changing the cambelt on a ClioSport is a ridiculously job expensive and needs the engine jacking up).
Plastidipped my clio
How many coats is that? Will be intrigued to see how it wears.

Given that the original bulbs lasted ten years and I was careful not to touch the glass with my fingers, I'm hoping the replacements will outlast my ownership of the car! :p Well unless the ballasts or igniters fail first.

Whilst it's a poor design by Renault, I do give them a bit of leeway. Not only is having Xenons as standard ten years ago in a French hatchback pretty impressive, they're already short on space in the engine bay with the bigger engine capacity and all the PAS/Aircon gubbins etc (hence why changing the cambelt on a ClioSport is a ridiculously job expensive and needs the engine jacking up).

How many coats is that? Will be intrigued to see how it wears.

8 I think.

The megane is easy for a headlight change, I did my wifes few years back, put Xenons in when it didnt come with them. Just takes time and all by feel.

Mud flaps!

Mudflaps_Resized.jpg

It spent 4 weeks at the body shop being repaired so these have been sat in the garage taunting me, finally got round the putting them on.

Back
Top Bottom