What have you done to your car today?

It actually rains here more than the UK then mix it with the sand on the roads and it kicks up a fair amount of crud.

...but yes, mainly for looks :p this car is not designed for bumps in the road, let alone off roading.

Fitted big brakes. For a bolt on kit it took a remarkable amount of work to mount them up. Anyway they don't fit under my wheels so now I must buy wheels too :p
10888760_887056741845_7346809286105032549_n.jpg

No, I wanted these big ones so I bought them. I don't really care that the wheels don't fit, I didn't really like them anyway hence why I didn't give any consideration to it.

Not sure, I like the xxr 531 but not sure if they would look too small in 17", I'm slightly averse to going up to 18".

I also like a couple of the more racing look ones like the Desmond Regamaster, SSR Type C, or Gram Lights 57C, but it would have to be used if going down that route.

Buddy club p1s would look good....no rotas for you I presume Clarkey? :p What size/offset/pcd are your current wheels?

Looks like a Brembo produced caliper, what kit is it?

Yesterday - Steering wheel re-trimmed:
steeringwheel-retrim.jpg

Old wheel still in good condition so will be going up for sale!

Today - Handbrake and gearbox Alcantara gaiters:
gaiter_handbrake.jpg

gaiter_gear.jpg

Love the red leather, was that on your shortlist specifically?

You've not had your car a week and you've already done the stuff I've wanted to do for months!

Re; the steering wheel, Royal Steering wheels I assume? Need to get that job done.

Red leather was on the shortlist yup, either that or Kiwi, which looks awesome but is ultra rare!

These mods didn't cost too much, after selling the old wheel I'll have made my money back for the re-trim. I didn't use Royal Steering Wheels this time round as he appears to be away until early Jan and found a guy in Reading doing the same thing with the same leather so popped over to see him.

I'm quite happy so far, a few more things to do before it's properly meeting my needs :p

The only thing the car didn't come with was heated seats but they're not majorly important (though a bit bizarre to not spec heated seats in a convertible...) as Nappa leather warms up quite quick anyway but I will keep my eye out for seats in the future with heating elements and do a swap. It's all plug and play anyway and I'd just need to buy the 16mm switch bar to accommodate the seat heater buttons.

DSC_0048.JPG

The first 40k or so was KM, then it was imported to this country and converted to miles. So since 40k it's been clocking up in miles.

I got it with 79500 on the clock... so I've done 80,500 miles in it since March 2009.

AWD is simply amazing in the wet. What I did today was steam past everyone because they can't drive in the wet and only had a bit of a drift going on when I wanted to, then VDC kicked in and catapults you around the corner :D

Yeah they are V1 CTS-V calipers, Mazworx adapter kit for evo discs (324x32). They are enormous compared with the stock setup and I will also need to convert the rears with the Z32 setup to have any hope of balance.

Back
Top Bottom