What have you done to your car today?

Good stuff, hope you get the issue sorted mate! :)

What a complete *@#! of a job that was, the cam position sensor wouldn't unscrew, then took an age to re-screw once I'd got the old one out, then I could not feed the sensor wire to where it needed to go, but, in the end, I got there (albeit the old sensor is still in the engine bay, it wouldn't come out, snagged somewhere, it'll have to wait until daylight! :o )

Car seems much happier, smoother, more responsive and I'm - after albeit a fairly short but spirited test drive - reading the dizzy heights of 27mpg on the OBC, quite an improvement from 13!

Got it ****ing filthy mainly :D
Those tyres be good :eek:

347A909B-2970-4ED0-982F-A7860F08CD5B_zps0afmnn41.jpg

Came to drive the 350Z yesterday morning for the first time in a few weeks and it unlocked slowly, and turned over even more slowly :( So had to give up and use the other car.

Yanked the battery out and put it on charge for an hour - started OK however I have a feeling I will come back to it in a couple of days and it will be dead again :( I feel a 'spec me a new battery' thread coming on :)

It's very subtle, my exhaust is stock and never been touched but the tips in the middle stick out maybe 0.5 to 1cm more than the outer 2 tips - I guess it's hard to tell a lot of the time as people change the whole exhaust for something louder lol. Crazy people.

What a complete *@#! of a job that was, the cam position sensor wouldn't unscrew, then took an age to re-screw once I'd got the old one out, then I could not feed the sensor wire to where it needed to go, but, in the end, I got there (albeit the old sensor is still in the engine bay, it wouldn't come out, snagged somewhere, it'll have to wait until daylight! :o )

Car seems much happier, smoother, more responsive and I'm - after albeit a fairly short but spirited test drive - reading the dizzy heights of 27mpg on the OBC, quite an improvement from 13!

The apparently simple jobs can often become a headache, I'm glad you persevered and got it done in the end.

It was well worth doing to get the engine happy again and 13 to 27mpg is a vast improvement! :D

The apparently simple jobs can often become a headache, I'm glad you persevered and got it done in the end.

It was well worth doing to get the engine happy again and 13 to 27mpg is a vast improvement! :D

I'm glad too, I very much expected to end up with something broken and a stranded unmovable car - that's confidence in yourself eh? - thankfully not though (although I did drop my hex key into the engine bay and had to ask a few neighbours until I found a spare!) very much worth the effort and the mpg bump is nice, it's pretty much reading the same as my old 528i auto did which I'm happy with (it's a lot quicker off the mark than the 528 too)

Happy but can't say I'm too keen on the next fiddly job I find!

I'm glad too, I very much expected to end up with something broken and a stranded unmovable car - that's confidence in yourself eh? - thankfully not though (although I did drop my hex key into the engine bay and had to ask a few neighbours until I found a spare!) very much worth the effort and the mpg bump is nice, it's pretty much reading the same as my old 528i auto did which I'm happy with (it's a lot quicker off the mark than the 528 too)

Happy but can't say I'm too keen on the next fiddly job I find!

Hopefully she will give you some trouble free motoring for a good while now!

I have a 528i with a slush box, its been nothing but bloody trouble! The amount of money I have spent on it must 10x the value of the car :o

I even had to replace the whole motor on it! Radiator, trans cooler, shocks and springs, everything for the cooling, FSU, climate panel its an endless list. I know, I am mad!!

Hopefully she will give you some trouble free motoring for a good while now!

I have a 528i with a slush box, its been nothing but bloody trouble! The amount of money I have spent on it must 10x the value of the car :o

I even had to replace the whole motor on it! Radiator, trans cooler, shocks and springs, everything for the cooling, FSU, climate panel its an endless list. I know, I am mad!!

I hear you there, I guess, so long as you still enjoy driving it, it's worthwhile, the price of running an old car.

On the other hand, still most likely cheaper than buying a newer car and arguably a nicer car to own to boot.

I hear you there, I guess, so long as you still enjoy driving it, it's worthwhile, the price of running an old car.

On the other hand, still most likely cheaper than buying a newer car and arguably a nicer car to own to boot.

I have quite enjoyed working on it to be honest, I have learned a lot from it that's for sure.

I will probably just run it until another large bill hits then move on to something else i.e another potential bag of trouble!

Fortunately, it won't cost me anything to get it fixed. However Bentley would charge roughly £1,200 inc vat to respray the existing bumper.

I doubt they would, it's not the service department doing the spraying so the labour rate will be far lower. They'd never get any insurance work if they charged that much!

Back
Top Bottom