What have you done to your car today?

The torx head your looking at isn't what I'm trying to remove, its the long silver thing to the right, the threaded nut is directly above the "3" of the "3/2" you can see in the picture.

Christ - I actually considered that but dismissed it on the basis that it couldn't possibly be a nut - that's completely mangled.

Removed the tat from the new car.

44c131bbcd193ed60d329a0f74ba27f7.jpg

Whilst we're on the subject of Fords....

Been thinking about getting the Mrs a little 1.0t or 1.25 mk7 fiesta. She thinks the silver interior of the pre facelift is stinking (I tend to agree) but they're usefully cheaper for what is near as makes no difference the exact same car.

I seem to remember some models had black gloss trim similar to the revised car instead of nasty silver everywhere. Trouble is I can't seem to find any, have I completely made this up?

Whilst we're on the subject of Fords....

Been thinking about getting the Mrs a little 1.0t or 1.25 mk7 fiesta. She thinks the silver interior of the pre facelift is stinking (I tend to agree) but they're usefully cheaper for what is near as makes no difference the exact same car.

I seem to remember some models had black gloss trim similar to the revised car instead of nasty silver everywhere. Trouble is I can't seem to find any, have I completely made this up?

Titanium model I expect.

VANOS solenoid is off!!! :)

Thankfully, the workshop where I work has some rather fancy tools!

Just hope, after all the faffing, my new cam position sensor cures my crap mpg (circa 13mpg currently) and its tendency to stall when pulling off or going into reverse....

Titanium model I expect.

I thought that but it doesn't seem to be the case, from what I can see there was a model that included nav as standard, it seems to have a different head unit which is gloss black....surrounded by silver trim. Not a good look.

The facelifts are very cheap for what is a very new car anyway, it might just have meant I could persuade her to get a slightly better engine

VANOS solenoid is off!!! :)

Thankfully, the workshop where I work has some rather fancy tools!

Just hope, after all the faffing, my new cam position sensor cures my crap mpg (circa 13mpg currently) and its tendency to stall when pulling off or going into reverse....

Good stuff, hope you get the issue sorted mate! :)

Back
Top Bottom