What have you done to your car today?

Associate
Yes it's the Disco and yes, since dunking it in that river last week I've had that fault pop up and the gear selection go a bit squiffy!! :rolleyes:
It has since gone back out and the gears are working again now it's had a little time to dry out. :o
Will be investigating various bit of loom and airblowing/water displacing various components that got dunked.
Bear in mind I stoped and reversed back out when the water got to bonnet level, so "quite a lot" got wet! :D
My carpets now hum with damp a bit. :o

What's the three amigo's ?
EDIT* (googled) Nope, not had the three amigos, just the HDC.

Ah :D Yeah my Discos carpets is still abit damp to. :p

Associate
My sx has a double din centre consol, i have a single din cd player so i bought a single din cover, i cutt a hole in that for the gizzmo and sticker bombed the surround.

The fun bit was the vacuum control reader pipe was far too short, infact i should probably buy another hose and replace it.

Last edited:
Associate
Ah yeah I think I binned off whatever came with kit and used some other vacuum pipe I had knocking around. The majority of my vac / boost pipes have been re-plumbed now :)

Associate
The other vacuum pipe, to the actuator was utter tat but had loads of that hose size replacment, think that one was 4mm, but the reader pipe (think thats the name, u know whAt i mean anyways) is a size bigger but didnt have any spare so had to use what came with it unfortunatly.

Soldato
OP
Nearly at the end of the tunnel with the 75!
It needs 2 front tyres, but that's just wear and tear so I don't count that.

Things that aren't 'normal' but need sorting:
- Front suspension springs due to losing half a coil on the driver's side
- Drop links need doing due to rubber boots being damaged
- Rear brakes very corroded, they work OK and passed the MOT but I'd rather have them sorted
- Heater matrix blocked so passenger side runs cold
- FBH not working - fires for 2 mins and then powers off. PCB fault (£30 to have it fixed)

Only minor stuff, and apart from little bits the car has been amazing so far.
Also all 4 injectors passed a leakback test, so that's something good I guess.

Ordered the springs this morning.

Soldato
Tyres, suspension, brakes, tracking, heater matrix - what do you class as major stuff? :\

I thought the tyres were unevenly worn due to tracking problems?

I need to change some suspension top mounts at some point this week, need to borrow some spring compressors.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Tyres, suspension, brakes, tracking, heater matrix - what do you class as major stuff? :\

Major stuff on this and most other cars is clutch, DMF, gearbox, cylinder head removal / work etc.

The stuff listed is cheap, DIY-able (apart from tracking but that's £20) and parts are readily available.

God help you when your car chucks a big bill if you think tracking is a major fault :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Major stuff on this and most other cars is clutch, DMF, gearbox, cylinder head removal / work etc.

The stuff listed is cheap, DIY-able (apart from tracking but that's £20) and parts are readily available.

God help you when your car chucks a big bill if you think tracking is a major fault :p

Well the tracking has ruined your tyres hasn't it? That's pretty major IMO.

Suspension et al are still major components of a car. God help you if you ever buy a car that costs more than £20 to fix ;)

Soldato
OP
Well the tracking has ruined your tyres hasn't it? That's pretty major IMO.

Suspension et al are still major components of a car. God help you if you ever buy a car that costs more than £20 to fix ;)

It's caused a bit of wear on the nearside - there wasn't that much tread left so it's not a massive loss.

This is a pretty middling car to repair in parts terms - I do miss the cheap-and-cheerful everything is 99p approach I could take to my old 45. :p

Back
Top Bottom