What have you done to your car today?

Changed wheels to summer ones - So get prepared for deep snow anytime soon.

Also while wheels were off took off bolt's holding the drop links on and cleaned and copper slipped threads - Knowing my luck if I didn't I wouldn't be able to shift them when they do go.

I really could have done with a ratchet spanner for nut's so will get one for when time comes.

dave

Decided to take advantage of Summer time and wash my 5, typically in time for that feature of British Summer time, a downpour...

So after meticulous - wasted - chamois leathering it's now fit for what seems the obligatory beading water shot!

I had a go at refurbishing my wiper arms as the plastic had gone grey and there was oxidization and rust.

Before:
DGPRztB.jpg

After:
5kggviX.jpg

Quite happy with the results considering I have not used a rattle can in a very long time. :)

I will have another go at the spoilers as they are still a bit grey, but much improved.

They look good but I would have taken the blades off before spraying, they'll be pretty useless now at clearing water!

Haha, don't worry I did completely disassemble them before painting, well apart from removing the springs. :D

I didn't use paint on the plastic bits either, just some plastic trim restore gel. :)

Today I drove it to the body shop to have some minor repairs. Someone went into the side of it a couple of weeks ago, putting all of the front passenger wing panels out of alignment.

When I bought the car the drivers side height adjustment for the seat wasn't working, negotiated some money off because of that then once home set about taking seat out, diagnosis was a broken gear, cost to fix, part was £25

896586ED-17A5-40DD-8294-1272F0D6B8BD_zpsqzixnjak.jpg

Back in and sorted

301F2DE7-E5F9-4006-89F0-03BA9ABC4634_zps6nvi9zoy.jpg

Last edited:
Froze my ******* fingers off sorting the wiper linkage on Dad's Barchetta. The original linkage that drives the passenger wiper from the drivers side one is notorious for the end sockets wearing out and popping off the balljoints. You can buy upgraded ones that don't wear out as quickly, and are so tight that fitting it in the first place requires you to crush it on with a set of push-lock pliers - complete PITA, but should be an improvement.

Tied up some loose ends ready to go for MOT tomorrow. Rolled the arches, the new wheels didn't clear despite being the same spec as the old ones and the same tyres.

Back
Top Bottom