What have you done to your car today?

Fuel tanks are more often than not, tolerant of a lot of heat. They're full of liquid fuel and fuel vapour, adding heat only makes 2 sides of the fire triangle.

But it's always something to fix before driving, if it leaks and air gets in, then you're done.

Fuel tanks are more often than not, tolerant of a lot of heat. They're full of liquid fuel and fuel vapour, adding heat only makes 2 sides of the fire triangle.

But it's always something to fix before driving, if it leaks and air gets in, then you're done.

The tank was leaking fuel at a high rate so air was also getting into it too.

Fixed the rear brakes.
Fixed some rattles.

Then gave it a good wash and polish!

2015_04_02_17_58_06.jpg

2015_04_02_17_58_52.jpg

There's obviously some back story to this that I'm not aware of?

Care to fill me in? :)

Did a track day on Tuesday and spun off onto the grass where the wheels sank in due to the rain, this caused the car to be pretty much sat on its belly and pushed the exhaust back onto the fuel tank and burnt a hole.

Didn't even realise the damage for an hour or 2 and was still driving around, wasn't until I pulled the car out of the pit garage and saw a puddle that alarm bells started ringing.

Re-trimmed the steering wheel in black leather with white thread, it looks alright but I'm going to cut the thread and try again on a rainy day to make it better. I made one or two errors when stitching it, and it doesn't fit around the spokes as nicely as I'd like.

Vinyl wrapped the steering wheel spokes in matte silver, looks nice, like a Polo Dune steering wheel. :)

Fitted a black leather and white stitch gearstick gaiter which greatly improves the interior feel, purely because it is another thing breaking up the sea of grey.

And last but not least, switched the white wing for a silver one with the assistance of Mr. Hyburnate. :)

Oh, I also found that my steering wheel has rake adjustment, after 2 years of ownership... :p

Received my Chinese VCM2 clone and did a bit of retrofitting to my ford Zetec s 2010 Goes to show that these ford dealerships/garages really have not got that much talent a little manipulation of the as built file was all that was needed.

Just fitted folding mirrors with puddle lights.

Sony dab radio/Bluetooth/voice activation and activated rear speakers that I had added too.

cruise control.

not to mention I discovered the wiring for foot well lights tight ass ford could not put 5 pounds worth of leds in lol.

Picture of my fuel tank now it's off the car....how it didn't go up in flames I don't know!

http://i.imgur.com/uopZXa0.jpg[IMG]

(Screw was used to drain remainder of fuel)[/QUOTE]

:eek: buy a lottery ticket tonight!

[quote="Acme, post: 27864383"]Re-trimmed the steering wheel in black leather with white thread, it looks alright but I'm going to cut the thread and try again on a rainy day to make it better. I made one or two errors when stitching it, and it doesn't fit around the spokes as nicely as I'd like.

Vinyl wrapped the steering wheel spokes in matte silver, looks nice, like a Polo Dune steering wheel. :)[/QUOTE]

Would love to see a few photos of this, especially if you have some in-progress ones? Briefly considered a DIY job on the old E46 before I realized how cheap Royal Steering Wheels were, but the process of what's involved especially around all the tricky angles intrigues me :)

Fuel wont go up on a hot exhaust, it needs a spark to ignite it.
You can drop a lit fag into fuel and it'll be fine.
Fuel tanker driver showed me this once, inside my flipping workshop of all places, I did my nut :D

Been having an intermittent problem with coolant temps. Popped the hood today and I've got white scum under the engine cap, pulled the dipstick and have fish eyes.

Head gasket :(

:eek: buy a lottery ticket tonight!

Would love to see a few photos of this, especially if you have some in-progress ones? Briefly considered a DIY job on the old E46 before I realized how cheap Royal Steering Wheels were, but the process of what's involved especially around all the tricky angles intrigues me :)

From how he explained it to me, it just sort of goes loose around them... I'm unsure though :p

Back
Top Bottom