What have you done to your car today?

Annual service for the Fozza
So, Tune, service, MOT
New front pads, new rear disks and pads
Some pins had sheared on the brakes so they got replaced
Some front suspension links needed replacing because it sounded like a bucket of bolts the last few days.
Uprated air filter
Oh and a bit of trim around the rear wheel arch was missing a clip so sorted that.

Next week, uprated fuel pump and a special treat before easter.

Finally bought a reflex silver wing to replace the white one, so the Slowlo will soon be a single colour again!

Also bought some real leather to re-trim my steering wheel as the rubber faux leather is incredibly worn, it is non perforated Italian black leather, and I will be using white thread. Re-colouring the steering wheel spokes to silver with matte silver vinyl as well. Then bought a pre-made black leather w' white stitch gear-stick gaiter to match, as well as the gear-stick cap from an S model. Also intend on spraying the vent surrounds silver like in a GTI.

Should make it look fresher inside and won't be costing more than £40. Pictures to follow when it is done. The spraying might have to wait until the weather is more appropriate though... :)

Couple of general questions, do those fairly pricey seat covers which are tailored to fit the seats of specific cars actually fit as well as they do in the pictures? And if I use black upholstery dye on the grey fabric door inserts, will the dye come out when they get wet? I assume not?

Last edited:
Downloaded the Carista OBD2 app and paired it to my car using a cheap bluetooth module.

It's allowed me to customise lots of things such as unlocking all doors on one key press, enable/disable locking blip (turned on by the dealer unfortunately as it's a bit annoying for the neighbours), and a few other cool features.

I know have coming home lights and automatic wipers! Funny that they'd install the sensors even when the convenience pack wasn't selected :D.

Got the car back from the bodyshop.

Touch up and some scratch removal. Reserving opinion until I've had a chance to properly clean it. Looks much better though...

Got rid of (well px'd) the Mrs' 107 for a little 5 door fiesta titanium today which should be collected some time next week. Nice little car that's usefully bigger in terms of back seat and boot space than the current shoe box. Actually has a reasonable spec too which is unusual for a small car

Much as I dislike the pug, it has needed nothing done to it in the last couple of years and didn't really lose much money either, just under £1.5k and that's going retail to trade in pretty much bang on 2 years.

Spent the afternoon talking to a couple of friends who have just changed their cars.

One of them had a £9k budget, does about 5k per year and wanted something fun. So naturally, he's gone for a diesel astra.

The other one however had an ever so slightly larger budget and has gone for this, which restores the balance somewhat :p

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ULTIMA-GT...803?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35ded8c0eb

Spent the day yesterday in Cambridge.

Went home minus the car.

its currently being wrapped nearby Cambridge.

Here is a couple of pics to show progress

I think that will look fantastic! :D

Bought a few more odds and sods for the car... Chrome dial surrounds from an SE, metal pedal caps from a Dune, and knurled metal heater controls. :)

Last couple of things to buy are black upholstery dye for the door cards, and tailored seat covers, and the transformation from drab to acceptable will be complete. :p

if I use black upholstery dye on the grey fabric door inserts, will the dye come out when they get wet? I assume not?

I dyed a blue / grey carpet in the E30 black / dark grey and it never wore out or faded from water etc. in the 6-8 months the car lived outside (convertible that leaked a bit)...I used AutoGlym black dye and it seemed to be good. I'd be a bit more weary on door cards and probably wouldn't bother on seats.
I suspect with constant bum action the seats would wear and just look rubbish (and potentially transfer dye to clothing). On door cards I'd expect the sun would bleach them over time rather than the dye washing off.

DSCN0666.jpg

DSCN0670.jpg

DSCN0671.jpg

Driving home and lost power steering/abs/engine temp went up, pulled over and found this hanging out :(

yT6Pb58.jpg

Absolutely fuming after seeing how easy they are to replace on YouTube, kicking myself for not doing it before and it's such a cheap replacement. I'm praying there's no lasting damage but I did all I could to prevent anything, instantly stopped and had the car recovered home, it'll have to wait for the weekend for me to attempt repair now :(

Got it serviced - just a minor service as it had a major one 10k miles ago.

Literally all they did was change the oil and filter, and I was charged the bargain price of €313! They also gave it the worst wash I think it's ever had - I do a better job with the garage pressure washer.

Sadly, the few independent places there are around here make Kwik Fit look like an F1 pit crew, and as the car has full Jaguar history I thought I'd better keep it up.

Back
Top Bottom