What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
It's extremely difficult to light gasoline, we tried once on bonfire night and failed spectacularly.... it simply wouldn't go up. Don't fancy my chances with a fuel tank though :p

The S2K..

All that hassle and faffing for a hard top?! leave it as the convertible is was supposed to be!

Soldato
Replaced my passenger side wing mirror after a small bird decided to kamikaze into it at 60mph and explode the outer cover & mirror in a spray of plastic, glass and blood. Only took 10 minutes to replace and most of that was removing the door card.

PS Pics taken after the clean up of blood & guts and shredded plastic!

mirror01.jpg

mirror02.jpg

Caporegime
Would love to see a few photos of this, especially if you have some in-progress ones? Briefly considered a DIY job on the old E46 before I realized how cheap Royal Steering Wheels were, but the process of what's involved especially around all the tricky angles intrigues me :)

Will do when I've re-done it, I made a few mistakes because it was my first time. :p

In the mean time, there are quite a-lot of self-re-trim images on Google :)

Soldato
Removed my 5spd open diff gearbox and installed the 6spd LSD box I built up over the winter. Been a long day and i'm knackered. An initial very brief test drive suggests nothing crunches, bangs or tries to exit the casing which is promising.

Associate
Wait until the VCM dies halfway.
no difference from a ford original dyeing thou would be in the do do either way but there is a back up calibration file stored in the car for that kind of event:D

yes I know the clones wont last for years but I just saved over a grand and that's if I could have even managed to get ford to do the work in the first place

and the build quality is a lot better than some of said top quality industrial :eek:control systems I work with day in day out

Soldato
What have I done to my car today? Nothing as it won't stop raining here :(

I want to get the following done before I go back to work on Tuesday...

Change to summer wheels/tyres
Repaint brake calipers (black)
Replace front ARB bushes
Remove hardtop and clean/reproof softtop
Fit 2.5 inch BBR sports catted midpipe (might wait until I can get the car on a ramp for this mind)

Associate
asking here rather than start a new thread.

this worth the money.

cant see anything else for the price. heard the lifetime warranty is pretty good i.e. hey this is broke. ok sir there's another.

http://www.halfords.com/motoring-tr...-set?cm_re=Pillar+Pages-_-content2-_-170pcset

I bought A set last month it was part of A deal the 25 piece advance spanner set (£100) and the 200 piece advance ratchet and spanner set (£200)

For £150

http://www.halfords.com/motoring-tr...its/halfords-25-piece-combination-spanner-set

http://www.halfords.com/motoring-tr...onal-200-piece-socket-and-ratchet-spanner-set

There was a BB missing from one of the extensions out of the box and have broken the T6 security bit. Had the extention bar replaced no questions asked. The ratchets are superb

Associate
Soldato
Think my mate paid more than that with staff discount a few weeks back so that's a good price!

We've used quite a few times since then and it's been good. Has 18mm sockets which a lot of other stuff doesn't.

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
asking here rather than start a new thread.

this worth the money.

cant see anything else for the price. heard the lifetime warranty is pretty good i.e. hey this is broke. ok sir there's another.

http://www.halfords.com/motoring-tr...-set?cm_re=Pillar+Pages-_-content2-_-170pcset

Have the 200 piece socket set from Halfords, the quality is superb and although I'm yet to need to use it, I've heard they are true to their word on the lifetime guarantee. Would buy again.

Soldato
Got a set of F1AS2 fitted to the front wheels, moved them to the back and got the back wheels put on the front. Was surprised how much I had to explain what I meant to a tyre place.

Spent from 11.30am to just before 2pm getting that + tracking done. Apparently it was toeing in which he would fix but if the steering wheel wasn't centered I could come back another time. I had mentioned the wheel being off as the last time they fitted front tyres in September the wheel wasn't straight then.

Left the place and the wheel was worse than it was before and the wheel balance is way out! I get that they just swapped the wheels over so I'll pay to get them balanced but I was told I wouldn't be paying extra for the tracking again. We will see this Wednesday I guess.

Anyone know why it would be a different adjustment to align the wheel rather than just get the wheels pointing forward together?

Also on this topic is there anywhere I can check to see what adjustment can be done on a car by car basis? I'm doing my dads drop links and track rod ends shortly and wondering if it's worth doing 4 wheel alignment on a mk2 Laguna?

Caporegime
And re-trimmed the wheel. :) Much better this time, though not perfect. Will post pics at some point.

Also fitted the chrome dial surrounds, broke the rev-counter, fixed the rev-counter, and gave the inside a bit of a clean.

Associate
RX8 - New coils and air filter fitted.
Insignia - washed it.
Mk1 golf 16v - Finished wiring up fuel pump and gave interior a good clean. need to double check everything in engine bay, buy a couple of hoses and a battery then hopefully I can hear it start soon for the first time since I bought it 2 years ago!

Back
Top Bottom