What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Vacuumed car out this morning then - cleaned all interior plastic -cleaned windows -oiled door hinges - cleaned any plastic surfaces under bonnet -

Will start on washing outside now but might have left it to late as sun is coming out -= Drat it.

Dave

Soldato
Cleaned the windows, had it washed by someone, drove it home, washed and polished it, polished the glass and gave the inside a clean.

Then spent Saturday driving around Whitby and Durham, it's now brown again.

Caporegime
Ticked over 135,000 miles in the Slowlo today, 22,000 of them being mine. Also ordered a new airbag for the drivers side because it has the newer logo on it (yes really, it was only £20 though :p) and bought a replacement trim for the drivers side (the triangular one which goes just in front of the mirror) so it is now actually a complete car again...

Only things left are spraying a section of the bonnet, doing some touching up, and polishing out the worst of the scratches. (First time the car has had a whiff of polish since I bought it)

Don
Straight up ran out of fuel yesterday. I made an educated calculation that I'd have enough to make the 2x 15 mile trip.

Being bank holiday weekend, the first 15 mile trip was very stop/start, normally it's a nice straight drive.

Only made it 10 miles into the return journey :p

Cue, wife to the rescue with a petrol can and funnel.

Soldato
Serviced my old car today which I gave to my father in law a while ago. I gave my electric oil pump a go again - basically it just has two tubes, one of which goes down the dipstick hole and the other into a container, you clip the power leads onto the battery and switch it on. It got a decent bit of oil out so I thought I'd try taking the sump plug out just to see how much was left and was impressed to see only a couple of drops coming out, not even a small trickle. Makes things cleaner and easier.

Associate
Had a successful day of unseizing the height adjustment collars on the coilovers and raising the car by 10mm.

It took lots of swearing and bashed knuckles but got them free in the end, the collars are looking battered now though.

Shouldn't seize again though as ive coated the threads with copper grease, which is something i should have done when i fitted them and would have saved a whole lot of hassle.

IMG_20150406_141219.jpg

IMG_20150406_145807.jpg

Associate
Did a full timing belt, water pump, tensioners etc change on my A4. Was aiming to do rest of full service today (Sunday).

Started it and drove it up and down the road to clear the ESP errors...

And then the rear coil spring broke... Wanted the car for London Monday!

So did the rear springs. £180 for the compressor I needed to get into the space. And then £50 for the springs.. Guess I'm still quids up.

And then done the oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter and pollen filter. Runs so sweet again compared to before. Nice to have a quietish tractor!

Soldato
In the last couple of days... had a puncture repair, pulled over for an Ambulance on blue's and two's and promptly get a nail in my tyre. But hey, I saved a life! So got that repaired as luckily it was in the centre of the tyre. Then I've booked it in for a near on full respray, inc wheels redone and just washed it and made a start on cleaning my seats. Need to do the fronts next week then clean all plastics and it will be minty mint.

Until the respray is done in a month or so and then it'll be coated in dust! Hooray.

Caporegime
Marine grease would be better for the coilovers. Copper slip isn't that water proof.

I changed pads on a honda today and changed the brake fluid. Aluminium calipers seem to have no issues with sticking sliders.

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;27877166 said:
Perhaps he needs a 114i Sport on 15's with balloon tyres for his and everyone elses safety :p

It depresses me that people throw marques like 114i Sport around as examples of slow cars, when my car would barely have got to 45MPH in the time it takes for a 114i to get to 60. :p

Back
Top Bottom