What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
What housing have you gone with? Stock mani is twin scroll on those isn't it? Seems single now with a single wastegate.

I've been looking keenly at these GTX turbos, getting really tired of the disco I have just not working properly. I hear you can get a 0.72AR which is just savage on a 2.0l.

0.82 :cool:

Yeah stock manifold is twin scroll

Soldato
If you're gonna play outdoors then you have to expect to get a few bruises occasionally :p

It's going to take a bigger tree to bend the new one :D:D:D

5mm thick steel main bumper with 10mm thick towing points. :D

Quite how the postman is going to deliver that I have no idea. :o

Soldato
be02c5ac-0d7b-452d-9cd7-48e89af2a2e9.jpg

Took long enough.

Soldato
Lol it was a genuine question...don't follow the naff ford thread. :p

Never done any times in the car but as standard 0-62 is 7.9 from factory with 147bhp, mine last dyno'd at 192bhp and has lost quite a bit of weight + is on much stickier tyres.

These are the claimed figured for Mountune's MP185 pack
0-60mph: 7.0secs
0-100mph: 17.2secs

I'd say that with a perfect launch an so forth 0-60 could probably be done at around 6.5? As for top speed I wouldn't have a clue.

Soldato
Got this quote from Arnold Clark for work they've apparently identified needs doing after getting it serviced there the other weekend. £800 for an exhaust sounds like pure comedy to me. It's a Mazda, not a Maserati.

jSymX4f.jpg

Soldato
Is that an Arnold Clark Mazda or just a service centre?

I wouldn't personally let them touch my car outside of the dealer network, even then only if I really, really had to

Quite happy to buy cars from them, just not for them to get anywhere near them!

Soldato
Paid the garage to balance my front wheels after the wheel swap the other day and do the tracking again for the steering wheel to be straight.

Steering is definitely straight now and the wheel balance is at the very least a lot better, hard to tell with the crap surface of the M74 I tested between two junctions.

Back
Top Bottom