What have you done to your car today?

I honestly have no idea how they did some of the marks. I have tried to repeat them and I failed, its not like the buttons have any damage but places where you never put your hands/fingers :confused:

So odd as the rest of the car barely has a mark on it.

Oh some I understand if you wear a ring, just others that make no sense that I haven't shown in the images, scratches and marks at the back close to the centre. Still I don't know how people can be happy to damage something that is right in front of you while appearing to look after the rest of the car but that's just me I guess.

You'd be surprised by how easy it is to permanently mark and scratch away the plastic over a period of time. On the road when in standard commuting traffic I see and have seen people do all manner of things from check their make-up to scratching the inside of their noses and inspecting the gold to tapping and scratching parts of their steering wheel.! That's just on an aevarge day. If those scratchers do that 5 days a week for say a couple of years then that wheel is going to look like a right state.

They probably do it without even realising because it has become a part of their daily routine, it is beyond a habit.

Previous owner of that Z4?
Bling_78828f_4474276.jpg

Why don't you just learn how to drive and stop driving into things?

Oi, I've only crashed into one thing once! I didn't cause the damage to that bumper, it was a scruffy free replacement! :p

You know what, that doesn't look half bad. It's not good mind you, but a vast improvement over what it was :p
Indeed. Taa. :)
He had an accident once, quite a while ago? Don't think he keeps crashing it!
Quite right! :D
Hahaa, a marked improvement. xD
Its all I was going for really. I got fed up of seeing bare plastic from a mile away when I walked back up to it... :p

Oh and I picked up my new bonnet today. :) £40, and enjoyed a nice drive to Oxfordshire in the sun. No motorways. One observation, people in Buckinghamshire can't drive. One town I went through was such a death trap because of bad driving that it was almost comical.

Last edited:
The centre console trim and the vent surrounds in the Slowlo have that rubberised coating on, over the years it goes all soft and starts to wear away very easily. I've sanded and sprayed some of the bits because they were beginning to look disgusting.

My bumper is annoying me now... It looks better than it did, but somehow it is annoying me more than before.

Last edited:
I've just done the same thing - on the M-Sport wheels they used a rubberised coating which breaks down over time - so it might not have been the previous owner as such. It's well documented and very common unfortunately.

Yeh when I was looking at what the part numbers were I came across people using plastidip or wrapping it. The rubber coating seems to be a terrible choice by bmw to use in such a high wear area, seems that the normal steering wheel (silver plastic) that I had in the last Z4 is much harder wearing.

Those look okay, though I'm not a massive fan. I assume you have taken into account the speedo over/under-reading if you are playing about with different tyre sizes? :p

Fitted my replacement bonnet today and spent ages making the body panels all line up properly for the first time ever... :D

I don't think the arch trims help those very much tbh. Not really my kind of thing but if you like them you like them!

Considering the car that arch gap is fine - my slightly lowered fn2 doesn't have all that much less

Yeah I don't understand the decision to have plastic arch trims. Apart from perhaps to hide rust or keep it at bay when the car gets old and weathered. Same with Mini's.

I would like Mini's and FN2's were it not for the plastics down the sides.

Yeah I don't understand the decision to have plastic arch trims. Apart from perhaps to hide rust or keep it at bay when the car gets old and weathered. Same with Mini's.

I would like Mini's and FN2's were it not for the plastics down the sides.

They really don't even register on my radar tbh, I just think they look odd when not coded. Good thing about them is they just pop off if one gets damaged or needs resprayed

Today I enlisted the services of "PaulTheWelder" from M3Cutters to do the "2 pipe" mod to my OEM backbox. The mod involves opening up the stock backbox which reveals 4 perforated pipes, two of these are wrapped up using exhaust tape and some other fiberglass thing, then the insulation is put back in place and the exhaust is welded back up again.

The car now sounds like it should have done when leaving the factory. It's perfectly civilized when driving normally (albeit a bit louder), and lets the heavens open at WOT. The downshift from 3 > 2 is brutal now, I enjoyed being a complete knob today and making people jump with it :D

Video shall come shortly.

I love this mod, sounds really good and the 4 pipe mod is just stupidly loud!

Back
Top Bottom