What have you done to your car today?

Did a double take as I was just looking at your post on MOCGB about a rear decklid panel...

How does the wheel refurb work? Remove scuffs? I've already picked up a fair few on mine :(

Give us a pic of the new bonnet then :)
Wheels are currently finished with a very high polish, almost chrome looking. Over the years there are a couple of scuffs and the lacquer is also cracking in places. Going to have them completely stripped and then painted a dark gun metal grey.

All the chrome/shiny bits are off the car as I'm going for a darker look all over. Billet grilles with get the same finish as the wheels, silver stripes will be replaced with dark grey ones, oh and also having the wing mirrors colour coded.

Was in the mood for a new car but couldn't find anything that really grabbed my attention so in there interim thought I'd just give the existing a make over.

Washed mine (again) and cured a tiny little irritating rattle emanating from somewhere behind the seat belt height adjuster in the B pillar. It was right in my ear and it wasn't constant but enough for me to try and fix it in my usual fashion. A few bits of rubber matting later to put between the plastic backing plate of the height adjuster and the metal bodywork to stop it rattling, and a few tiny bits sticky backed foam later, which went between the top half of the B pillar trim and the bottom half to stop them touching, and it was silent.

My next and last job is to strategically place a small piece of sticky back foam somewhere on the inside edge of the centre armrest to stop it from rubbing against the leather portion of the seat when I take a right-hand corner, and it'll be 100% silent inside.

Ford should hire me to work in their interior trim fixture department. I reckon I could have a good crack at silencing these supposedly-rattly E9x BMWs too.

Washed one of the cars. Then washed the winter wheels off the other, ready to go back into storage. They just need dried off now. They will get another wash and sealed before they go on next year.

Fitted my rear diffuser.

Bumper off

Test fit to line up the gap for the exhaust

Finished (the camera angle makes it look a bit off centre)

Not the best pics but my camera battery was flat so had to use the phone.

My nans drive doesn't really like my car, so leaves it's mark on the underside every time I go up it (think I'll slowly reverse on in future, but that still might not work).

feae2gL.jpg

Nevermind, T-Cut to the rescue!

TRZVo6q.jpg

It's completely invisible unless you lay down and look underneath the car, so not sure why I even bothered, but it was satisfying to do.

Can you not take the drive at a 45 degree angle?

Sadly not, because then there's no room to avoid the other car parked on it and the concrete wall. Street is usually the way to go providing you're outside of the restricted hours.

lol that car is gonna end up as a complete nail with you owning it :p

It's actually being treated very well, people just seem to enjoy the bad stuff much more than the good, so might as well post the things they'll enjoy :p Plus, with such a new car the only thing that I ever really do to it is either drive it, or clean it, and people get bored of "cheeky snap after a wash xox" photos pretty quick.

Now, what can I damage next week...

Last edited:
Turn it into a pickup truck!

11053321_10153159942339223_2516429808770221539_o.jpg

11174442_10153159942449223_1918485956447786506_o.jpg

Plan! I've been wanting a reason to buy an angle grinder actually....

That thing must be ridiculously tail happy, hardly any weight over the rear from the look of how high that suspension is!

Back
Top Bottom