What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Changed the N/S/F wheel hub on my wife's E39. An absolute biotch of a job as two of the four bolts that hold it on are obstructed by the strut. That and the Loctite on the threads means you pretty much need a breaker bar to undo them 1/6 of a turn at a time due to lack of space.

Will do the other tomorrow.

Soldato
Had a new axle fitted to my gti6 the other day, went for thicker torsion bars, solid rear mounts and bilstein group 205 challenge shocks.

Needless to say the cornering ability is insane now and i havent even fitted the entirely new front end!
pics
201304011023551.jpg

Soldato
Sprayed my troublesome drivers side doors seals, which I must replace at some point, and rubbed the back of the car down with a cloth. She will get a proper wash on Tuesday.

Then while checking my oil a little bit of the dipstick handle simply crumbled off and dropped back in to the hole, never to be seen or heard from again... One hopes! :eek:

Associate
Today I have been fitting some parts I have amassed over the last few months:

9gylbr.jpg

9qz2iu.jpg

1431elf.jpg

35n67a0.jpg

Additional bits include

- Painted rocker cover (after 2 years I finally finished it :p)
- Carbon fibre coil pack cover
- Nismo oil cap
- GKTech Clear CAS cover
- Garage Defend carbon fibre cooling panel

Still got a carbon fibre / chrome catch tank to fit, but need to relocate the expansion tank into the wheel arch first :p

Associate
Very tidy looking Bay ^^

I got my first parcel of parts through from the US today for my MX5.. tail lights, mats, spare key and fob. So far I only set up the fob, and it was probably the easier thing I ever did with a car ever! Programming a second key wont be so easy though, I need to read the immobilizer code and then apply to Mazda for the password :(

Did an oil change on the MX5.
The engine oil was OK, but the filter location is a pain - Easy to get at but hard to lift the filter away without it dripping everwhere!
The gearbox oil was OK to change.
The diff was pretty easy.

I used a cheap hand pump that I got off Ebay. A pair was about £3 delivered iirc.
The diff oil was purple! It looked like concentrated Ribena!

Also used axle stands for the first time!

Last edited:
Associate
Very tidy looking Bay ^^

Interesting what's going on in that dv return line, don't often see them clear

I love a well sorted engine bay, Good effort. :cool:

Thanks for the comments. The hose is actually liquid food hose, but I quite like how it looks so used it anyway :p. Still a lot of work to do in there, need to wrap some wires up, replace some pipework with something more 'interesting' etc but it is coming along now :)

RJC

RJC

Don
Cleaned my car and my dad's, gave it hoover inside and the windscreen a clean as well :)
So hopefully all sorted for next weekend trip to France.

Soldato
Got hit by a piece of a lorrys hard plastic mudflap, thrown over from the other side of the carriageway.. scary stuff. Got away with a lost wiper and a couple of light scratches on the windscreen. Scared the hell out of us, literally came from nowhere.

0820D0F1-52D0-49A4-AAF7-D590310460B4-2269-0000036D59283F7F.jpg

What was left...

1604DE8D-A21B-409A-BDBD-EE66F88D102F-2269-0000036D6112A6CF.jpg

No idea how it didn't damage the bonnet/roof, it was huge. Looks like the windscreen deflected it up/over the car.

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
Washed and hoovered it, realized whilst hoovering the back that when you open the rear passenger side door the trim does this

IMG-20130428-WA0000.jpg

Back to the bodyshop it goes :(

Back
Top Bottom