What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Trying to find my ****ing locking wheel nut key.

If I can't find it then I'm not sure I'll bother buying another set. More hassle than they're worth.

It's a no go :( ****!

Not my car but a tool i use a lot

I do quite enjoying buying new tools. Even simple ones like swan-neck spanners! Sad but I'm sure we've all been there wishing we had the right tool!

Associate
Drove it to a local garage with the girlfriend and she walked away with a StreetKa. Sigh:rolleyes:

Secretly kind of like the thing.

Edit, I also buy tools that i don't have a current use for! This week i've got some flexi extensions and some adapters for my Makita impact gun... all still in the wrapper with all the other bits i will one day use!

Last edited:
Soldato
I do quite enjoying buying new tools. Even simple ones like swan-neck spanners! Sad but I'm sure we've all been there wishing we had the right tool!

I think tool obsession is a really common male thing, which is good for me, because it makes fixing/building things far less of a chore if i get to add a new tool to the collection :D

Soldato
Washed and hoovered it, realized whilst hoovering the back that when you open the rear passenger side door the trim does this

IMG-20130428-WA0000.jpg

Back to the bodyshop it goes :(

Wow, that's ineptitude :/

Soldato
Made a start on my list yesterday and will attempt the rest of it next weekend.

Cleaned both the Mondeo and MX-5 inside and out, rotated the wheels on both cars, solved a rattle on both cars, fixed one of the 5's headrests and repaired a Sat Nav.

All in all, a good days work.

Next weekend I will replace the thermostat, clean the EGR and inlet manifold, fix the paintwork issues and have a look at the parking sensor and brake pedal sensor.

Associate
Finally got round to fitting a new stereo. Old one has been dead for well over a year :o What an utter ball ache! Didn't have the right keys to get the old one out so had to remove the center console & dash panel. Good job too as the old cage was not coming out otherwise. Then, THEN there was the mess that was the wiring. I want to find the person that made this mess & kick them in the groin. Repeatedly.

New one is all fitted now, just need to cut a hole in the cubby hole at the back of the arm rest. The rear USB cable is about 4" too short to nicely feed in the hole at the back where the filler/boot release levers pop through.

Soldato
Finally got round to fitting a new stereo. Old one has been dead for well over a year :o What an utter ball ache! Didn't have the right keys to get the old one out so had to remove the center console & dash panel. Good job too as the old cage was not coming out otherwise. Then, THEN there was the mess that was the wiring. I want to find the person that made this mess & kick them in the groin. Repeatedly.

New one is all fitted now, just need to cut a hole in the cubby hole at the back of the arm rest. The rear USB cable is about 4" too short to nicely feed in the hole at the back where the filler/boot release levers pop through.

That wiring is a mess :O Pictures when done :)?

Associate
Changed my thermostat today, car get's up to temperature a quicker now and doesn't drop to under the quarter mark on the temperature gauge at motorway speed. Sit's bang in the middle. Don't know if it's in my head but also seems to idle better now :confused:

The coolant came out bright orange when I drained it!

Soldato
Been getting a really bad misfire since getting the car back from the garage a few weeks back.
Took it to a different garage who knows how to fix cars.

sWvWO2L.jpg
Note the soot around the top of the plug

Bunch of cowboys damaged the HT Leads causing them to arc.

Soldato
Been getting a really bad misfire since getting the car back from the garage a few weeks back.
Took it to a different garage who knows how to fix cars.

sWvWO2L.jpg
Note the soot around the top of the plug

Bunch of cowboys damaged the HT Leads causing them to arc.

are you 100% sure it was the HT? do you have any better pics of the head of the plug? that is seriously messy and you absolutely want to get to the bottom of the cause of that

Back
Top Bottom