What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Isn't this car 15 years old?

Isn't the Mk2 Clio 17 years old?
Isn't the 7th Gen Accords 15 years old?

Both these cars have been in the family 7+years and have had no issues.

I don't want to start a war, it's just personal experience, they could actually be reliable cars and I just been unlucky to pick a lemon which seemed good, The general mentality I've come from lesser brands to a "Premium" brand like a BMW and expected more, I never expected it to rattle more than a poorly built French car and throw up issues in such a short period time compared the amount of time I've owned other cars.

Never mind, not the end of the world :) I've enjoyed the roof down, Straight Six choir experience.

Soldato
Been getting a bit of an ominous creak when braking to a halt, ever since I replaced the rear discs last month. Jacked the car up last night and took off both calipers. Applied copper grease to the pads and checked everything was tight, and it seems to have cured it. I guess I must have wiped off the old grease when doing the discs and just forgot to reapply.

Soldato
Not specifically done anything to it yet but plugged my fault reader in to the Z4 find out I've got a misfire on Cyl 5 :/ Another issue to put on the list already got a coil and a set of sparks on the way so should be done on the weekend, spending the rest of the week in the Accord.

Not gonna lie, my old Mk2 Clio has been more reliable than my Z4 and I had it for 5 years (put 60k miles on it), my mother now owns (abuses) it for 2 years and still going strong with no issues.

What's actually gone wrong with your Z4?

Soldato
Had a warning icon pop up the other day after pulling up at home after a 60 mile drive but had no idea what it meant. I stopped the car, started it up again and went for a short drive and it went away. Just did another 50 mile trip today and it came on again about 2 miles from my destination but the car carried on driving absolutely fine.

Just looked it up and it appears to be an issue with the stop/start system which I usually turn off every time anyway so I guess as far as errors go, it's a good one to have :) I suppose I should look into what is causing it. From a quick search I can see people saying that they had an issue with a sensor in the gearbox which prevented the car from knowing it was in neutral and a simple replacement sorted it out. However my car is a manual so I'm not sure if that'd apply to mine. The only other thing I can think of is the battery being on its way out but the car never has an issue starting up. I guess I'll get the multimeter out to check.

At least it's only affecting a system I don't actually care about anyway. For now.

Associate
Looks like a wastegate control issue to me, doesn't hold the peak boost at all, tails off immediately after peaking.

Got me paranoid now :D Looks like my drop off is quite sharp but others have the same dropoff. May have been to limit the torque actually as we did discuss the gearbox & clutch in the car atm

Another persons result;
18056462_10155216171128454_1344424082119408256_o.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I have a weird issue with my window wipers, they are making a knocking noise when operating, must be an issue with the wiper arm as i have tried a size smaller yet they keep knocking, has anyone had an issue like this before?

I have included a video, should be a simple fix i hope. Car is a Vauxhall Astra btw.

Back
Top Bottom