What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
d1y8UrM.jpg

Investigated the cause of the TPMS warning on the F Type this morning… Too close to the edge to repair and nowhere local can get the right tyre til Wednesday now.

£330 I wasn’t planning on spending this Christmas :(
Shame you can't just repair that. With a proper repair, it would ve safe as houses.

Man of Honour
Test drove a Seat Ibiza with a view to replace my trusty i20. Liked it, nice little car, now I'm just playing the "let's get a price or what can you throw in to sweeten the deal" game with the dealer

Soldato
Halfords have an up to 50% discount on. I just bought the Michelin rapid tyre inflator reduced from £58 to £34.80 with the 10% discount code taking another £3.48 off, then throw on the £20 Halfords voucher I chose from Confused for my renewal gift, bringing the total to pay to £11.32 :p which is great because it costs me a quid at Sainsburys to do all four tyres and I can't always be arsed to use my floor pump.

Caporegime
Halfords have an up to 50% discount on. I just bought the Michelin rapid tyre inflator reduced from £58 to £34.80 with the 10% discount code taking another £3.48 off, then throw on the £20 Halfords voucher I chose from Confused for my renewal gift, bringing the total to pay to £11.32 :p which is great because it costs me a quid at Sainsburys to do all four tyres and I can't always be arsed to use my floor pump.

Mine cost £1.32.

Signed up to the free motor club for the 5 quid and had a £25 voucher from last year from the other half's work. Thanks for the heads up!

My old one has a broken pressure sensor so I would need to guess the pressure then test with a pressure guage.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Battery powered pumps are the way forward. Gave my old cig lighter one away.

I keep both, a cheapy wired "AA" one and a battery powered one (much better).

So far I've used the battery powered one 4 times to bail out colleagues LOL not had to use it myself, fingers crossed, other than maintenance at home.

Soldato
I keep both, a cheapy wired "AA" one and a battery powered one (much better).

So far I've used the battery powered one 4 times to bail out colleagues LOL not had to use it myself, fingers crossed, other than maintenance at home.
Ones powered by a car battery are obviously a lot more powerful and quicker than battery operated ones.

My battery powered pump includes cable for backup ciggy power.

And it's actually pretty powerful. I went with an uprated spec vs the cheaper ones.

UpBoost Ultra | 2023 Smart Portable Tyre Inflator | 7800mAh Battery, 3.2'' Large HD Screen,90W Motor,150PSI | Cordless Rechargeable Tyre Pump Air Compressor 12V | Bike Pump For Tyres,Car,Bikes & Balls https://amzn.eu/d/16kRpUY

Soldato
purchasing new battery yesterday ...
had never realised that battery terminal are different sizes - to reduce risk of crossed connections
pretty sure the lead would not reach if 3 series battery was put the wrong way around - biggest risk is shorting it with ring spanner I usually use to do them up
x-pro-73012-12v-230ah-1200cca-ultra-maintenance-free-commercial-battery-624-_2.jpg

Soldato
purchasing new battery yesterday ...
had never realised that battery terminal are different sizes - to reduce risk of crossed connections
pretty sure the lead would not reach if 3 series battery was put the wrong way around - biggest risk is shorting it with ring spanner I usually use to do them up
x-pro-73012-12v-230ah-1200cca-ultra-maintenance-free-commercial-battery-624-_2.jpg

Stick the basics here Pope. Mechanics 101 rather than your YouTube feed of conjecture and theory. Pope Plato, poke yoke exists on batteries.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Have they just given up emptying drains now? The roads, including the dual carriageway just seem to flood and no one bats an eye. Multiple impassable lanes on our nearest stretch. Just about got through unscathed as my two drivers side tyres lifted as I tried to avoid the water. It was certainly a good year to have fresh capable tyres on. More and more potholes appearing again too.

Back
Top Bottom