what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

Associate
Technics RPDH1200's
Sennheiser HD598 CS

Had the Technics for years from when I used to have decks and really like how beefy they sound but there not really good for music production.

I bought the Sennheiser's recently but there giving me ear problems. I'm playing things at low volume but as soon as I put them on I get a slight ear ache feeling and every so often a sharp pain and have to take them off. Other than this they sound great. I don't know if I'd have the same problem if I bought another pair or not. I've got a feeling certain frequency's could be triggering the discomfort which I'm gutted about as I don't want to upset the neighbors. :(

Associate
What can you compare them to? These have been on my radar for ages. I really could do with some excellent closed cans.......
You know when you switch from normal definition to HD on your tv .. well it's like that for your ears !!! I have NEVER heard anything as sweet .. the high range .. mid tones .. base .. and nothing ever upsets them or distorts them .. no matter the sound or volume .. stunning ... I have spent £1000 on headsets .. but these are a winner ... and to top it all off .. you can wear these 24 hours a day .. and they are more comfortable on than they are off :)

Soldato
You know when you switch from normal definition to HD on your tv .. well it's like that for your ears !!! I have NEVER heard anything as sweet .. the high range .. mid tones .. base .. and nothing ever upsets them or distorts them .. no matter the sound or volume .. stunning ... I have spent £1000 on headsets .. but these are a winner ... and to top it all off .. you can wear these 24 hours a day .. and they are more comfortable on than they are off :)

My local RS has a demo set, might have to go in for a listen. Going to have to take my Marantz DAC in if I do though.

Soldato
Got them today and really don't know what to make of them, they sound very muddy compared to my HD700's but I suppose that's to be expected considering how well the 700's do separation.

Give them a while before making judgement, the drivers might want loosening up a little. Didn't pull the trigger myself as I would be back up to three sets of headphones and only recently got rid of my collection apart from my 650's as they were all annoying me (apart from the 650's). :D Don;t know what to do with the K712's!

Caporegime
Give them a while before making judgement, the drivers might want loosening up a little. Didn't pull the trigger myself as I would be back up to three sets of headphones and only recently got rid of my collection apart from my 650's as they were all annoying me (apart from the 650's). :D Don;t know what to do with the K712's!

I've tried a few different genres and I was a little unfair, they do very well in some areas. I think I'll use the HD700's for sit down usage though and the HP50's for portable.

maj

maj

Soldato
Do those with more than one pair have a pair they use for certain situations? I have a pair of AKG K7XX's and DT 770's but tend to use the AKG's for everything (gaming and music) meaning the 770's are just sat collection dust. Trying to justify having two pairs and tempted to either sell both and get one pair that is better than both, or just sell 770's.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm pretty lazy about switching but I do tend to use different headphones for gaming (MX580 or PC163) and music (HD600) and sometimes pull out the Momentums for certain types of music where the faster driver impact works well over the 600s. I've got half a dozen or so other pairs in the cupboard but never really use them :s

Back
Top Bottom