what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

Associate
Well my new headphones have arrived today.

V moda lp2 are the headphones, and tbh they have good sound quality and plenty of bass is what i think.

They really shine with electronic music too be frank.

Associate
New to these parts.

My flock:

Shure SRH1540
Denon MM-400
Audio Technica ATH-M50X (with MSR7 pads - infinitely more comfortable)
Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H2
AKG Y50
RHA T20
Shure SE215
Sony MDR-EX650AP

Associate
How long does it take to get them in the UK and what would be the cost at customs?

With shipping it's $364.63 which is about £280, but then if I'm stung by customs it could be £300+ which I'm not willing to pay really.
AFAIK it's 20% VAT + 3% import duty + courier's handling fees. IIRC they used Yodel which charges around £8-12. It took around 2 weeks for delivery.

Not headphones but earbuds. Jaybird Freedom. Superb sound quality and a tiny form. The battery charger element is a clip on which adds another 4 hours to the battery life but they make it feel a little heavy on the right. Usually I run it without the extra battery which gives four hours thereabouts of lovely sound. This is time for my bus journeys and a good long walk with the dog without charging. It has an equaliser which programs the headphones so the sound profile "follows you" between devices. However, this is not quite true as each device has it's own sound profile and you will end up adjusting the equaliser depending on the device.

Soldato

I love the 1540s, they're by far the best of my bunch. I am interested in adding an open back at some point; maybe the Beyer T1 or Focal Elear...

The 1540's are on my list to try, the manager at my local Richer Sounds has been pestering me for ages as he reckons if I listen to them I will buy. I have had loads of headphones pass through my hands over the last few years but find it hard to justify keeping more than two. Just got my HD650's for music and gaming and AKG K550 MK2's for late night gaming at the moment. Oh and some Klipsh Image One's I use at work, though am hoping they break so I can get some Y50's.

Associate
I suspect the Shures would assume your K550's position, but I've not heard the AKGs so can't make that prediction with confidence. Funnily enough, originally I went to buy the K550s but the 1540s were in stock so I skipped them entirely and ended up coming away with the Shures! Kinda wish I'd at least auditioned the AKGs now to have an impression of how they sound. Alas.

The HD650s should be on my shortlist of open cans, too. They're so universally praised, and so (relatively) inexpensive. I've heard others liken the 1540s to a closed HD650, but again, as I've not heard the 650s, so can't verify!

As for the Y50s, I think they're fantastic for their price. The only issue I have with them is that comfort is, well, typical of on-ears i.e. the outer parts of my ears start to feel like they've had things pressing on them. Have you thought about the M50Xs for work? They're not much of an upgrade on comfort over the Y50s with the stock pads, but stick some MSR7 pads on them and it's a much plusher experience.

Associate
What headphone cable companies do you chaps recommend? I saw a post on one of the threads here the other day which seemed to be UK based, and did cables for the Shure SRH series but I can't find that post anymore. Knew I should have bookmarked it! These are the one's that aren't it: lavricables, toxic-cables, labkable, plussound, norne audio, turbulent labs. If it helps, I seem to remember that it used pictures of cogs prominently...

Back
Top Bottom