what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

There's no way I'd order a product (especially a HiFiMan) worth that much from AliExpress. I think if you got hit with fees it would take it well over £700.

At least with Amazon you get a hassle-free return policy, and if something goes wrong outside of that initial period, it's much easier to get it replaced or repaired under warranty.

Edit: If I'm looking at the same AliExpress listing as you for the organic, it looks a bit suss as all the pictures seem to be of the Arya. If you scroll down to the specifications, the model number is: Arya

Last edited:
Reactions: mrk
I wonder how much they'll cost. I'd be interested in trying a set.
EDIT. 1ST AUGUST £450

Dolly P... What an absolute delight to listen to in the Sundaras...

Last edited:
7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEMs on the way.

£20 IEMs that are apparently sound ridiculously good for the money. I recently plugged in my old Sennheiser IE80 and with the Qudelix 5K and Crins PEQ they sounded mega. Amazing how a PEQ can transform them. In stock form they're so dark and meh. I want to see how these now 7hz jobbies compare.

If the Moondrop Dusk Crinacles were on Prime I would have tried them. Hope they come soon.

I have ordered the ONIX Alpha 1 dongle DAC to stablemate with the M15i. Figure since it's only £87 delivered, no reason not to have one at that price and it does have a few features that may be useful for certain audio needs such as inline volume control and shelf filters for certain headphone types.

And this way I can say I have first hand experience of one of the best cheap dongle DACs as well as one on the pricey side, both which deliver their sound using different drive methods.

Last edited:

£20 IEMs that are apparently sound ridiculously good for the money. I recently plugged in my old Sennheiser IE80 and with the Qudelix 5K and Crins PEQ they sounded mega. Amazing how a PEQ can transform them. In stock form they're so dark and meh. I want to see how these now 7hz jobbies compare.

If the Moondrop Dusk Crinacles were on Prime I would have tried them. Hope they come soon.
Can't wait to hear how they sound love the chi-fi scene it's amazing what they are putting out for pennies

Still amazed myself with the tangzu wan'er

There's no way I'd order a product (especially a HiFiMan) worth that much from AliExpress. I think if you got hit with fees it would take it well over £700.

At least with Amazon you get a hassle-free return policy, and if something goes wrong outside of that initial period, it's much easier to get it replaced or repaired under warranty.

Edit: If I'm looking at the same AliExpress listing as you for the organic, it looks a bit suss as all the pictures seem to be of the Arya. If you scroll down to the specifications, the model number is: Arya
Agreed just wouldn't

But I did chance on the 1more sonoflow Bluetooth headphones and can honestly say they don't hold up to my momentum 2 wireless

Can't wait to hear how they sound love the chi-fi scene it's amazing what they are putting out for pennies

Still amazed myself with the tangzu wan'er
They sound absolutely stunning is the only way I can describe it. They categorically wipe the floor with the Sennheiser IE80 which is mental considering the Zero 2's were only 20 quid.

They sound natural and realistic, handle bass like a champ and revel in any genre I've thrown at it. Unbelievable.

Great for both music and movies. And thanks to the Qudelix I can have an EQ just for movies to pile on that sub bass.

Last edited:
A few reviews saying they sound great but break easily, for £20 not the end of the world through, tempted to try a pair myself.

A few reviews saying they sound great but break easily, for £20 not the end of the world through, tempted to try a pair myself.
I'll update if that happens. They're on prime so 12 months warranty. My bud has also bought a pair and also stunned.

I can only guess that the people that have had them break the are kinds of people with chewed up charger cables haha.

I can only guess that the people that have had them break the are kinds of people with chewed up charger cables haha.

Always difficult to tell with this - I've a couple of pairs of Sennheiser MX580 and there was a vocal subset of people complaining they break easily - I've had them years without a single issue and pretty sure it is down to people being careless.

I've got the senn HD650's and I have watched countless reviews to convince myself I need to upgrade and yet everyone comes back to them. I was considering the Arya stealth as they can be had at a good price. I don't want to spend the amount for a set of 800S's or focal clears. I may just keep looking. I tried the edition XS but wasn't impressed or noticed very little difference to the HD650. Not sure if that is a good or a bad thing. I start to wonder if my hearing is that great or that I am just not that focused to notice the intricate details or changes in sound produced. With EQ though I am sure you can make up for most headphones failings? As we get older we hearing declines so I wonder why no one really talks about that.

I'm considering some IEM's but wonder if I should stretch to the crin DUSK over the truthear hexa or moondrop ARIA 2.

The whole thing is difficult because I really do think I need to audition anything I buy would be sensible but there is no where close by to do that. Even then I refer back to wondering if I would actually notice anything substantial enough to want to pay for it.

Last edited:
I tried the edition XS but wasn't impressed or noticed very little difference to the HD650.
The main difference will be the sub-bass from planar drivers, but you'll need to use EQ to get the benefit.

I start to wonder if my hearing is that great or that I am just not that focused to notice the intricate details or changes in sound produced.
After a certain price point you won't really get noticeably better sound quality, there will be minor differences but you're mainly paying for the build quality and prestige of owning expensive headphones. Take a look at this HifiMan Susvara review, a $6000 headphone that has objectively worse performance than many $300 headphones.

The main difference will be the sub-bass from planar drivers, but you'll need to use EQ to get the benefit.

After a certain price point you won't really get noticeably better sound quality, there will be minor differences but you're mainly paying for the build quality and prestige of owning expensive headphones. Take a look at this HifiMan Susvara review, a $6000 headphone that has objectively worse performance than many $300 headphones.
I kind of get the impression that it's a bit of false market really. Either lots of people are misleading us or perhaps they hear things I never spent the time to sit down and focus on. I just listen and that happens sub-consciously for me I guess. Or something at the £300 like the HD650 gets 90% of the way to something that costs twice that or more.

Price isn't everything.

I recently bought some IEM that cost 55 and straight out the box I thought they sounded better then the Sundara which I paid 350 for. I might tune the Sundara to what the IEM are tuned to and do a comparison.

I'm struggling to avoid buying some Meze 109 Pros on a whim just because I'm such a sucker for headphones with a decent wood style.

I ordered the Zero:2 as well. They are due tomorrow and I'm really curious about how they sound.

I have Sony WH 1000XM4 which I got in an eBay auction. Then I started to have trouble charging them. So I replaced the battery with moderate surgery. Now I can charge them but it always says it is at 10% charge and the tap to whatever functions don't work. Many people have such problems with this model.

But the audio is exceptional. I only had crappy headphones before this. So I will wear them to death.

The battery reading the wrong % happens because the battery was never designed to be swapped out at home. At a repair center they would reprogram/replace the main board to remove that error.

I ordered the Zero:2 as well. They are due tomorrow and I'm really curious about how they sound.
Nice. I look forward to your take on these.

I've had them a few days now and am always impressed when I listen to them. I have EQ'd to Crinacle tuning preset plus I've tweaked for extra bass below 70hz.

okIMYkJ.png

Back
Top Bottom