what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

They are probably still holding OG stock which is the batches first made in the fancy boxes not the cheap brown plain boxes. To a merchant having stock that old might not be a good thing regardless of the headphones themselves being exactly the same. A win for consumers though looking to buy and want the old style cool box.
I got the brown box with the stand!

Btw this track from you're playlist is so lush and intimate sounding...

Last edited:
Latest headphone; Drop x Sennheiser HD58X Jubilee

Like the HD650/PC38X/H6pro combination I've been using recently but have been wanting something else to go with them; easy to drive, more as a daily driver/general use. I researched loads of headphones in the £100 to 300 range and just couldn't decide. For example was interested in the new DT 770 Pro X LE but worried about that brightness, DT 990 Pro X wasn't quite right. Have owned the HD 560S and TYGR 300R already. I have also owned and loved a few AKGs like the K702, K712 and K361 but 2 of the 3 have had durability issues and that elastic on the 7xx series can fail. Then I looked at the Sundara which always intrigues me but at £230 wasn't quite sure again. So I circled all the way back to HD 6xx line and realised the HD 58X matches many of my requirements. They are super comfy, very light weight and easy to get replacement parts. Very similar to what I already have but differentiates itself slightly through being easier to drive.

Initial listening impressions are that it's a less refined. Listening to Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song on both; you can really feel the guitars more on the HD 650. There's slightly more detail and texture. The HD 58X has slightly more bass. However with the 58X being easier to drive it is more consistent and easier to use on lesser audio equipment. Seems to pair much better with the Sound Blaster GC7 I'm using for PS5. Just different feeling because the plastic and mesh on the earcups isn't painted. Also the painted areas are a solid colour and lack that subtle flecks in the paint. The stock cable is much better that the 650 though. Much more usable although I've ordered another aftermarket cable. A lot of headphone for the price and does give you 90% of that HD 650 experience. Danger it makes the more expensive headphones redundant.

The HD 58X kind of reminds me of the old HD 595/98, in that it's clearly a solid all rounder and a bargain for the US that get it at $130 (when on sale). One observation with the current UK market is that the HD 560S is an issue, in that at £130 it is sold for, does make a lot of more expensive headphones seem overpriced. I did like the 560S for gaming but found it to be too clinical or analytical. The HD 58X (& 650) are on the warm side of neutral, which I prefer. Part of me is curious to hear the HD 600 and 6XX as well, but realistically I know they are very, very similar to the 650 and there's no point in owning those too.

u7J5g7Bl.jpg

Does anyone else with the HE400se find the headband really clamps down on the top of their head? They get uncomfortable for me to wear after awhile sadly. I've tried to adjust the headband height but hasn't made much of a difference.

Got the DT 770 Pro with same style headband and don't have same issue.

I got the brown box with stand too - Ridiculous bargain at £510, my HD800S haven't had a look in since I got them a couple of weeks ago
In your experience have you found the Arya's to improve with burn in?

I have to say they've sounded great straight off the bat. I've probably only had about 10hrs of play time.

Back
Top Bottom