what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

The lowest timeout is 1 minute, seems fair really, it's going to be off in a minute so surely you can put up with a dim glow for that amount of time? :p

Do like my sound. Each hp or iem is used in different circumstances.
Sennheiser is usually what I pick, but tbh I haven't look at the hp market for a few years.

HD800S my favourite overall and what I use if I want close to reference.

HD700 I really like for gaming and probably what I use most on my pc. A little harsh in the treble for a music session for me.

Audeze lcd 2 - warmer closer sounding than the 800S with slightly smaller soundstage, less detailed but has a lovely sound. I swap these with the HD800S for different flavour.

HD600 more laid back than the 700s and I use to change it up. All time classic sound sig.

HD650 when I want a darker version of the 600s

Jvc ha-sz2000 are my bass head phones, I can feed them so much power it genuinely sounds like a club. These things will take power that would blow up other headphones. The bass shakes these things, allowing to feel the bass in a way I haven't with any other headphone. Recipe for a bass head to kill their ears:D

Ie800s, iems that are as close as an iem can get to a closed HD600. Used for gaming when I want sound isolation

Ie80, nice bass that can be physically adjusted. These are my first pair of decent hp.

I wish I'd never sold my HD700s, they're certainly no good for extended music listening without EQ, but they were brilliant for gaming, extremely lightweight and comfortable.
Yeh, the weight and comfort I forgot to mention. Funny how my least favourite hp for music is my favourite for gaming.

I have the IE80. Man they sound pap vs the new IEMs out now. Even vs the 20 quid pair of Zero-2.

Really enjoying the Dusks. They're so good, like having Arya's in IEM form that can do deep bass.

PA2dXKy.jpg

I have the IE80. Man they sound pap vs the new IEMs out now. Even vs the 20 quid pair of Zero-2.

Really enjoying the Dusks. They're so good, like having Arya's in IEM form that can do deep bass.

PA2dXKy.jpg
I wouldn't go as far as saying pap. They were my first decent iem about probs about 10-15yr ago. I use the 800s more these days that are technically superior. However, for me it isn't always about capability, but sound signature. When I get used to the 800s I switch to the 80s for a change up. The reason why I don't settle with 1 or 2.
Same why I still use hd600s when I have hd800s.

I had the IE80s and the moment bluetooth TWS buds started to get good I sold the IE80 whilst they still had value as was hearing as good as if not better sound from the bluetooth buds at a fraction of the cost.

New HE1000 out, looks like hifiman are going nude for various models now, of course you need to keep the cover on when not in use, I dislike the idea of removing covers and keeping random parts in good condition not dropping them etc so have no interest in these unveiled models lol.

Arya Stealth forever assuming they stay alive that long.

New addition to my collection, the Bowers & Wilkins PX8. Joins the Utopia, Stella, HD660S and Sony XM5 as my over ears. Loving it so far, somewhat better than the Sony (for everything but ANC) which my other half has now inherited.

No I sold the Ananda Nano and S5 to fund the Arya Stealth and amp-athon I went through over the course of a whole month or two.

S5 was excellent though for the time I did have it. The only close competition seemed to be the Audeze Maxwell but that has its own set of issues, so for the price if closed back planars are a must then seems the S5 is the only good option for now.

Last edited:
One from JV also...

He references Sundaras etc as being the perfect p[airing for this but that higher end planars may be a "little flat" - I don't agree with this as he's not actually tested them but going off what he thinks. There is absolutely no flatness or bass loss, in fact the bass is not only better but more detailed on this than the other HP amps I've had on planars.

From my direct experience a high end Hifiman is the perfect pairing with this R2R really.

Last edited:
Just obtained my 2 bluetooth over ears and in ears options in the last month so the collection looks like this now:

Headphones: Focal Utopia, Focal Stellia, Sennheiser HD660S, Bowers & Wilkins PX8.
Earphones: Thieaudio Clairvoyance, Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 4.
Sources: Focal Arche, FiiO M11 Plus LTD.

Back
Top Bottom