what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

Soldato
Interesting. Ive just recommended the dr150 to a mate of mine as he loved my dr50's so much.... might just tell him to get dr50s :D

Well, I can't say either way which would be better, but I have seen some people comment that the DR50's were preferred for gaming. That might be their preference though, rather than being just a case of the DR50's being better for gaming full stop. Plenty will likely prefer the DR150's, so until one can compare, it would impossible to say.

I shall endeavour to get the DR50's from a friend of mine to compare. I know I have said that before, but he isn't using his PC much of late, so it gives me an opportunity to nab them and give them a go. It's Christmas though, and there is plenty to do, so that's assuming I even remember! :o

Associate
Sennheiser IE7,
Radiopaq Jazz,
Padiopaq Pop,
Soundmagic PL11,
Creative EP630,

And loads of tips for some reason, Sony Hybrids, Bi-flanges, Triple flanges, comply tips, standard silicone tips, also the best bit of kit Phonak Audeo PFE Silicone Ear Guides:

pfe-hook-800x600.jpg

Soldato
I prefer DR150s for gaming. The DR50s have a very clean sound but they miss some of the detail given by the DR150s, especially the quietest background sounds.

The lack of background detail means you hear less overall but the sound you do hear is very clear. I can see how this would make hearing footsteps etc easier for some people. The DR150s can get even cleaner when well amped, making it a bit easier to separate sounds.

The directional aspect is still there with the DR150s - you get more not less by using them.

When I had DR50s and DR100s together, I tended to use the DR100s for single player gaming and DR50s for multiplayer. The DR100s were warmer and less detailed with a fuller bass than the DR50s. That made the DR100s a bit more immersive but less good competatively than the DR50s.

A quick note on the DR100s and shirllness that I've seen mentioned. My set were anything but shrill but I got them second hand. They would have been well 'burned in' by the time I got them. I suspect that either the sound signature changes as they get older or maybe even just DR100s used to be made differently?.

Associate
Have owned Beyer DT 770 Pro's since Christmas 2007. Absolutely fantastic and one of the few things I own that's actually gone up in price since I've bought them :D

Associate
HD595's here too. Used to have HD600's. I have to admit, the HD600's kicked the crap out of the 595's, but they are still very nice.

Also have a pair of Klipsch Image X1's, which for £20 are pretty amazing little things :)

Soldato
Those DT770 Pro 250 ohm headphones arrived. I'll slot them in just above the NS1000s on my list. From material I've listened to so far, there's very little difference. I can hear a little extra bass extension in the DT770 Pros but there's remarkably little in it. Bass impact and amount is similar. Detail and soundstage etc are similar. Both do exceptionally well with Dolby Headphone. Of the two, at current retail prices, I would still go for the NS1000s.

The beyers are better but not that much better.

At the moment, roughly in order of preference.

Sennheiser HD600
Goldring NS1000 (although if I had to keep just one these would be it)
Goldring DR150
Sennheiser IE6
JVC HA-RX700
Jays sJays
(Edit: iGrado - nearly forgot them!)
Goldring GX200
Sansa Clip+ Freebies

I have some Beyer DT770 Pros that I grabbed in the MM on their way from Scotland too, but who knows when they'll turn up given the weather...

Last edited:
Associate
HD555's running out of my stereo amp - Very good for what they are.
ie6's - sound naff from ipod but i got a fiio on the way for that, when run from a more suitable source very good, the best headphones I have.
CX 300-II - I'm a bit of a bass head by nature so don't mind the bloated bass on some tunes, on others however it is not so great.
klipsch image s4 - great sound even when run just from an ipod, very strong bass with mids and treble that leave the cx300's standing. Not too far from the ie6's when they're run properly from an amp.
apple iem things - naff, infact not sure why i've still got them.

C64

C64

Soldato
Goldring dr150
Goldring Ns 1000 (great with E5)
Sennheiser IE6 (great with comply t400 tips)
Sound magic PL30
Beta Brainwavz Pro

Soldato
Sony MDR-V500. Crap headphones.
Goldring DR150. The headphones that made me realise how crap the V500's are.
Sennheiser PX100. Superb portable light headphones.

Angel Rex said:
I really want some DR150's and NS1000's........maybe Santa might empty his sack for me... er... so to speak.

Lol! :D

Back
Top Bottom