• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What if the 3000 series is over hyped?

Soldato
I keep thinking about picking up a 2080ti for the crazy cheap prices they're going for now.

Do we really trust Nvidia with the quoted performance figures?

What if the 3070 falls significantly short of the 2080ti?

I'm just wondering If I should hedge my bets and pick up a 2080 while they're cheap.

I know nobody 100% knows the answer this is just a discussion post. :)

Associate
Nah I think they will be quite accurate.

the only thing I would worry about is actually getting hold of a 3080 or 3070.

The majority of people are working from home now and will be camping the various websites.

Some of us who still have to work in the field won’t be able to compete sadly

If there’s not enough to meet demand I can see there being many upset ppl this year.

Soldato
I don't think it will fall short of the 2080 Ti in terms of raw performance, but it is gimped with only 8 GB vram. What's the 2080 you looking at cost? I mean if I got one for like 200€ I would definitely consider it. That would be great value!

Soldato
I think the DF video was pretty definitive.

I don't think they would deliberately mislead. The implications in that video was clear.

Associate
If there’s not enough to meet demand I can see there being many upset ppl this year.

Upset impatient people, who's upset might turn to happiness if they "miss out" on the launch cards, but then get to choose a Ti card when they are launched.

Good things come to those who wait.

Soldato
I keep thinking about picking up a 2080ti for the crazy cheap prices they're going for now.

Do we really trust Nvidia with the quoted performance figures?

What if the 3070 falls significantly short of the 2080ti?

I'm just wondering If I should hedge my bets and pick up a 2080 while they're cheap.

I know nobody 100% knows the answer this is just a discussion post. :)

I'm fully expecting the 3070 to match/better the Ti in 70% of cases, there's gonna be some titles or settings or whatever that the Ti would have been better... That's just a gut feeling though, nVidia will have picked the "best" scenarios for it in the reveal. It won't be a "broken promise," put it that way -- but there'll be wiggle room ;)

Soldato
2080ti is still selling for £500+ on eBay. There are a handful at most selling below that.

I'm happy to go for a 2080 Ti (or even Super) at the correct price.

Associate
Upset impatient people, who's upset might turn to happiness if they "miss out" on the launch cards, but then get to choose a Ti card when they are launched.

That rather depends if they have have any graphics card to play one. Some would have sold their only card now ready for a new card in 2 weeks time...

Soldato
Well, one thing's for sure; Nvidia's gambit worked.

A two year old card, 30% faster than a 3.5 year old card, is a bargain at £500. Second hand :D

I'll be waiting this out. When you can pick up a 2080ti or red equivalent, with a quality water block, for less than £300. That's when I'll consider the upgrade.

I'm fully expecting the 3070 to match/better the Ti in 70% of cases, there's gonna be some titles or settings or whatever that the Ti would have been better... That's just a gut feeling though, nVidia will have picked the "best" scenarios for it in the reveal. It won't be a "broken promise," put it that way -- but there'll be wiggle room ;)

Weren't the comparisons predominantly RTX and DLSS on? We haven't seen pure rasterization comparisons have we?

I was under the impression that there will be no Tis, at least not a 3080ti. Perhaps that's because Super is here to stay. Who knows?

Last edited:
Soldato
I think the DF video was pretty definitive.

I don't think they would deliberately mislead. The implications in that video was clear.

The DF video was very very cherrypicked. I generally dont doubt them and they are thorough, but lets wait for independent and not guided paid reviews.

Associate
2080ti is still selling for £500+ on eBay. There are a handful at most selling below that.

I'm happy to go for a 2080 Ti (or even Super) at the correct price.

I can see a lot of them being relisted so buyers are withdrawing offers or desperate attempts to inflate prices with shill bidding.

Associate
Why would a company want to hype the new line and trash the old line? I mean........ Does this need answering?
Yes , why lie about it. If it beats it great.... if it doesn't why do unnecessary damage to existing stock and customers by lying about it. Fairly obvious.

Last edited:
Soldato
I can see a lot of them being relisted so buyers are withdrawing offers or desperate attempts to inflate prices with shill bidding.

A lot of the ones earlier were inflated from bids prior to September 1st. But pretty much all of them have completed now.

Many of the ones finishing now were listed post announcement.

You also have the odd buy it now that sells instantly. I saw a 2080 Super at £375 that sold instantly a couple of hours ago. A 2080 Ti just sold instantly at £500 + del. These will be genuine buyers who are just waiting for the right deal.

Back
Top Bottom