What is the most you have spent on a game?

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Age of conan

Collectors box, £50 and really enjoyble 3 maybe 4 years of £10 a month.

So much better than stupid F2P

Associate
Wowsers.... Are you serious? That is over £100 a month

Honestly it was like a drug...i was hooked . Also everyone was buying preloaded microsoft gamertags with 8000 xbox points / credit off this chinese web site for around £2.80 ...so i jumped on that band wagon. After 3 years i got a console ban as the hundreds of accounts i had bought over the years were all used for credit card fraud .

I had no idea . Everyone was doing it and thousands of consoles got a online ban.

The only positive from this whole ordeal was that i stoped smoking....i couldn’t afford both...

My last cigarette was may 2010

Associate
Just the full price for Skyrim on pre-order.
Considering how many hours I've spent playing, worked (and still playing ATM) cheaper than my TV license, considering how much TV I watch.
One game that would bankrupt someone easily was The Sims. As usual, EA games can be like a mortgage.
Never spent money buying items in-game, though.
But bought DLCs, which sometimes are robbery at plain sight.

Associate
Apart from 9 months on WoW circa 2006, it's likely still Street Fighter 2 Turbo for the Snes in 1993 or so, which was something like £79.99 after buying SF2 standard for £69.99 the year before. An extortionate amount back then, but it was such a good port, Turbo is still an amazing game to this day on my Snes mini. For how much worse it is, SF 2 standard was way less value for money and a bigger ripoff.

Soldato
Depends what you mean in regards to spend ...

I subbed to wow from launch until 2012 so that contributed a fair old bit

Otherwise backed Shenmue 3 with £200..
But not technically out yet.

Spent £70 on LoL but over 5 years so not a massive amount really

-edit-
Diablo 3 I guess .
Had the game on PC, and also on 360.
Expansions on PC
Whole game and expansion combo on PS4
Whole game again on switch

Not pc specific tho

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
On checking, circa £730 on DCS and most of the modules, onto which you could add a CV1, followed by a Rift S, PC upgrade (don't ask) and the HOTAS/pedals. So the hardware, probably £4k.

Associate
Hmm..let's see, Tekken 2 Japanese import for Playstation 1 £95.

Also back in 1987 I paid £50 for Flight Simulator II. That was for the Atari ST, quite expensive for a game/sim back then.

Soldato
Sims 3 and all expansions as and when they were released. All for the missus too.

Probably Tropico 5 with DLCs. Should have waited for the sales. Have learned my lesson.

Soldato
Either elite dangerous. Bought game, Hoyas, and then rift. Played hard for about 3 months then sold rift. Total about 200.

Or world's of tanks. Played solidly since beta. Bought e25 and type 59. Plus premium account for about 4 years. Total maybe 300. Play on FTP account now and have done for last year or so.

Soldato
Mhm, I just dropped $99usd on Borderlands 3 super deluxe edition + season pass which is up there for me.

The most would be WoW and World of Tanks - WoW includes all game and DLC until Mist of Pandaria + $15usd month/sub = hundreds of dollars.

World of Tanks I dropped about $200usd over a year buying DLC content and currency.

Soldato
£50 for guild wars 2
About £20 for each expansion (2)
Then I've probably put up to £100 in to Gems over the last 7 years. So about £200 in total.

Not sure if I've spent more in any other game.

Edit: I guess if we consider hardware changes for a game then cs would have cost me £1000+ over the last 15 years.

Last edited:
Associate
WoW £10 a month and I played it for 10 years plus the base game and the deluxe expansion packs it's well over a grand I also had a few race changes/ faction changes etc but I don't have a single regret I enjoyed wow when I played it and had loads of friends on their etc so well worth the money spent for the memories gained that'll last a life time

Soldato
I mean World of Warcraft right? There's probably been 20 months in the last 15 years I haven't been subbed.

So base game plus all expansions (not BFA) and 8.99-9.99/month. Not included brief periods I had multiple accounts.

Soldato
BF5, can’t remember how much it cost though but remember at the time it was the most expensive game I’d bought. Not full price mind you, VPN’d it. So probably £50?

Worst game purchase ever.

Back
Top Bottom