• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: What is your upper limit for your next GPU purchase

What is your upper limit for your next GPU purchase?

• 1. £250

Votes: 34 8.3%
  • 2. £500

Votes: 162 39.7%
  • 3. £750

Votes: 86 21.1%
  • 4. £1000

Votes: 59 14.5%
  • 5. £1250

Votes: 20 4.9%
  • 6. £1500

Votes: 30 7.4%
  • 7. £1750

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 8. £2000

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • 9. No no, no no no no, There's no limit!!

Votes: 12 2.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
Sadly for me it's not an urge. I want more than 20-30 fps in fs2020 with the settings on high. This sim is a game changer with life-like graphics allowing me to navigate using real charts. 980ti cannot achieve that and I can't justify buying a 2080 super or ti, not when the new cards are around the corner. As said above, I could refuse, but then my gaming experience would suffer.
I think MS flight sim 2020 going make loads of people upgrade there GPU & systems just like crysis did back in 2007 :D:D:D

Associate
Just hope Jensen enjoys flight sims, we may get a very nice boost for the 4000 series then :D

Days are dragging waiting for this launch, hopefully the cards are available not long after the announcement.

Soldato
Six times faster it ain't gonna be!

FS2020 is designed to push systems for the next decade, if I'm still alive then, I might get a new system for it! :p

I always wonder whether it's even worth doing this sort of thing. Surely there'll be new tech to take advantage of, that won't be easily patchable (or at least cheaply) by then, and it's a better decision to simply create a new game. I can understand pushing the current gen, but 10 years?

Soldato
I always wonder whether it's even worth doing this sort of thing. Surely there'll be new tech to take advantage of, that won't be easily patchable (or at least cheaply) by then, and it's a better decision to simply create a new game. I can understand pushing the current gen, but 10 years?
By then we'll supposedly have AI we can communicate with :p

Soldato
Praying Nvidia comes to their senses over their pricing a bit.

I dont follow? Nvidia set the prices VERY HIGH and they flew off the shelves. Nvidia destroyed AMD in sales once again. Why would Nvidia lower prices when the whole internet is DESPERATE to buy one at those prices? I'd probably do the same if I was in Jensen's position. Next gen will cost even more and the gen after that even more. I've noticed a pattern. Prices will keep going up until Nvidia notices a plateau - the maxium price point that people pay.

I made a stand years ago and stoped buying Nvidia. It's just a shame that they're LOVED by so many.

Last edited:
Associate
When the 2080 Ti came out new consoles were a long way off and AMD had nothing that came close to nvidia's top of the range cards. Now we have pretty damn powerful consoles coming out that graphically really do look stunning, so big navi could potentially be extremely good. So if I was nvidia I would be bloody careful with the pricing this time.

Associate
I dont follow? Nvidia set the prices VERY HIGH and they flew off the shelves. Nvidia destroyed AMD in sales once again. Why would Nvidia lower prices when the whole internet is DESPERATE to buy one at those prices? I'd probably do the same if I was in Jensen's position. Next gen will cost even more and the gen after that even more. I've noticed a pattern. Prices will keep going up until Nvidia notices a plateau - the maxium price point that people pay.

I made a stand years ago and stoped buying Nvidia. It's just a shame that they're LOVED by so many.
I get your point, but surely next gen consoles are a threat at this moment in time. I know I will be buying one, and who knows I may stop PC gaming completely.

Soldato
Because the question I was answering was that of the consumer viewpoint - stated multiple times in the post you quoted too :D

The business hat has zero ethical concerns, the only thing that matters is the bottom line. Consumer sentiment means nothing until it affects profit, nVidia apparently haven't found the breaking point yet :p
Okay, I meant business "owner" hat on :D. Superior products, new technology brought to market, lack of competition, I'd price high too. Given the outrage over the 20** series pricing 2 years ago, I think NV know they priced them pretty well. Otherwise, people wouldn't have give a damn and simply not bothered buying. For the risks they took (bring new tech to market at expensive of raw FPS and high pricing), I reckon it's worked out well for them

I'd still expect them to stay reasonably high, at least those that are shown to still be ray-tracing capable, but older gens always take a bit of a hit. A 2080ti won't be cheap, but if it can manage ray-tracing, then the benefit it'll give in non-ray tracing titles will be very handy. Right now the 1080ti's are going for 350-450 by my reckoning, if a 2080ti can be had for 500, then I'm think it may be the best option.
Really? People spend that much on 1080 Ti's? seem way more overpriced than anything new :). The early 1080 Ti's must be, what, 3 - 3.5 years old now?

Last edited:
Soldato
I get your point, but surely next gen consoles are a threat at this moment in time. I know I will be buying one, and who knows I may stop PC gaming completely.

Surely it's always made sense for a 'control pad' player to buy a console anyway? I'm a PC gamer for just ONE reason - keyboard/mouse. Consoles could be given away free and I'd still want a PC for keyboard/mouse play.

Associate
I'm only a PC gamer, but I only use an xbox one controller for every game if it supports it. Main thing for me is the insane game library going back decades and graphics/fps that I can adjust as high or low as I want. Of course I can use a mouse/keyboard but for playing long hours a controller is more comfy and I can sit back and relax while playing.

Soldato
I still say the physical size and power figures leaking now point to Nvidia being worried about something.

This is not the same market Turing was released into.

Soldato
I'm hoping the new gen consoles will keep new gpu's and the pricing in check. Anything over £750 for a graphics card is insane tbh. If you believe £750 is a reasonable price you have way too much money and probably not enough friends.

Back
Top Bottom