• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: What is your upper limit for your next GPU purchase

What is your upper limit for your next GPU purchase?

• 1. £250

Votes: 34 8.3%
  • 2. £500

Votes: 162 39.7%
  • 3. £750

Votes: 86 21.1%
  • 4. £1000

Votes: 59 14.5%
  • 5. £1250

Votes: 20 4.9%
  • 6. £1500

Votes: 30 7.4%
  • 7. £1750

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 8. £2000

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • 9. No no, no no no no, There's no limit!!

Votes: 12 2.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
The problem I find with your poll @Dirk Diggler is that it offers no context, that is fair enough its ur poll etc but there is nothing there to say your Budget is XXXX if the performance is YYYY and tbh that is what I struggle with. I don't mind spending <a lot of cash> if its so far ahead of current gen that even next gen will simply match it. What I really mind is spending a lot of money for it to be de-valued very quickly by a refresh and new products plus the ludicrous buy in price cos of marketing and the wish for Nvidia & AMD to get more GP/margin for nothing

Soldato
2 of my friends have a Ferrari, 3 run trackday toys (not cheap!), 2 have 5 car garages and 1 has an insanely tuned Ariel Atom that I *really* want. I'm just happy I can afford a grand on a gfx card every couple of years :D
You earn it, you deserve it. I just want more for less that's all.

Caporegime
I just want more for less that's all.

Fair enough man, I just think we're in the era of utter short-terminism greed now and prices for some things are a little insane and profit for profits sake. It isn't going to get any better, the past is gone :(

Imo the sooner the human race dies out the better, we're just a disgusting virus on our environment. The Earth deserves better.

Soldato
OP
The problem I find with your poll @Dirk Diggler is that it offers no context, that is fair enough its ur poll etc but there is nothing there to say your Budget is XXXX if the performance is YYYY and tbh that is what I struggle with. I don't mind spending <a lot of cash> if its so far ahead of current gen that even next gen will simply match it. What I really mind is spending a lot of money for it to be de-valued very quickly by a refresh and new products plus the ludicrous buy in price cos of marketing and the wish for Nvidia & AMD to get more GP/margin for nothing

The poll is just a guide, mate... that's why we can post details throughout the thread, too. If the poll catered for every permutation, it would be as big as October's credit card bill. ;)

Soldato
Pay more. Get more. Life's a quandary

It's like people can't remember any generation other than Turing.

Before turing, performance increased at every price point. Pay the same, get more is generally how things worked before Turing.

I'm not sure why some people seem to like the Turing approach.

Soldato
I'm hoping the new gen consoles will keep new gpu's and the pricing in check. Anything over £750 for a graphics card is insane tbh. If you believe £750 is a reasonable price you have way too much money and probably not enough friends.
Bit of a bold, callous statement to make don't you think? To each their own, I say.

Associate
The prices would come straight back down if people refused to pay it. This thread proves people are prepared to pay over £1000 so I don't blame Nvidia for taking advantage of their willingness to overpay for a hobby they enjoy.
+1 Unfortunately consumers often behave like cattle and forget their collective strength. It would literally take 3 weeks to call Jensen/Nvidia's bluff, refuse to buy and prices would be revised downwards. Interesting times....

Associate
Maybe the problem is in the past people could make use and make new interesting things with new technology, whereas now you'll make neither but money by reviewing for consumers? Am I being an old grumpy git?

Back
Top Bottom