What IT or non-IT professional certifications do you have?

Soldato
I did the first half of an MCSE - 4 exams or so - and the Comptia a+ and n+. I worked through the CCNA course but never took the exam. None of the above helped at all in my job!

Soldato
CP1 confined spaces entry
CDM regs - Construction Design Management
OS19 and 21 - Pipeline and Brick survey coding
PTS (AC & DCCR) - Trackside working on Railways

A pretty limiting set, really.
There are some jobs I could just walk into, but they pay about half what I'd get as a Saturday Boy in Tesco...

Soldato
ITIL from a few years ago. Failed the exam twice as it was pointless to me and I found it boring. Paid for by the employer at the time so I didn't care.

NVQ in ICT

Got an SCCM course in 2 weeks paid for by my current employer. Doubt I will take the exam as I will be starting MCSA for Windows 10 once they release the materiel which I will pay for myself.

Soldato
Academic qualifications BEng (Hons) Software Engineering, yes.

Professional certifications, none. My poor addled brain doesn't quite understand why I would need to whore myself to a vendor qualified instruction. No thanks.

Soldato
Non-IT stuff, all finance related:

My official name when I get correspondence from the IFS is:

Mr B Dee CeMAP CeRCC CeSRE AdvCeMAP DipMAP

I choose to just use DipMAP as it is the diploma level qualification and I would look like a bit of a **** if I used them all. Planning on doing a couple more too when time allows.

Caporegime
OP
Yes, it is. I was making the point that IT qualifications are, by no means, the be all and end all of a career in IT.

Viva la revolution!

No-one said they were, so your point is moot. Feel free to start your own "what degree have you got" thread. :)

Professional certifications, none. My poor addled brain doesn't quite understand why I would need to whore myself to a vendor qualified instruction. No thanks.

There are many vendor neutral certifications in the world.

Last edited:
Soldato
MCDST
MCSA 2003
MCSE 2003
MCITP: EA
MCSA 2012
MCSE 2012
VCP 3, 4, 5, 5.5
CCENT

Doing the re-cert this week for the MCSE.

M.

Caporegime
Non-IT stuff, all finance related:

My official name when I get correspondence from the IFS is:

Mr B Dee CeMAP CeRCC CeSRE AdvCeMAP DipMAP

I choose to just use DipMAP as it is the diploma level qualification and I would look like a bit of a **** if I used them all. Planning on doing a couple more too when time allows.

Bee Dee See Map See Rock See Sree Ad See Map Dip Map.

Like a new hip Doe Ray Me, lol.

Back
Top Bottom