What IT or non-IT professional certifications do you have?

Caporegime
OP
Non-IT stuff, all finance related:

My official name when I get correspondence from the IFS is:

Mr B Dee CeMAP CeRCC CeSRE AdvCeMAP DipMAP

I choose to just use DipMAP as it is the diploma level qualification and I would look like a bit of a **** if I used them all. Planning on doing a couple more too when time allows.

lol. :)

MCDST
MCSA 2003
MCSE 2003
MCITP: EA
MCSA 2012
MCSE 2012
VCP 3, 4, 5, 5.5
CCENT

Doing the re-cert this week for the MCSE.

M.

Do all of those really help with work? Seems like there's a lot of crossover...

Associate
MCDST Windows XP
CompTIA A+
I did them as part of a government funded course when I left school, irrelevant to my current role as a server engineer

Soldato
lol. :)

Do all of those really help with work? Seems like there's a lot of crossover...

To get to the MCSE you acquire the MCSA. The MCDST inputted into the first MCSA, etc. The rest is upgrades so basically I've held the qualifications from 2003 to now.

The VCP is just upgrades and a recert last year.

I always try and keep them upgraded as it keeps me up to date with the latest technologies and, inadvertently I'm learning about them by studying and then you also get to see the pitfalls of the technologies as well as the requirements and then, finally, if they fit into the organisation.

I wouldn't be without the certs as they've always helped me in the past - even if it's just to get an interview. It's just one way of standing out in a very busy marketplace.

M.

Soldato
I'm yet to see a "qualification" in here that is worth mentioning

I'm yet to see the validity of this post in any way or form contributing to this topic.

You also realise that there have been Phds, etc. listed as well - obviously more irrelevant "qualifications"

M.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm yet to see the validity of this post in any way or form contributing to this topic.

You also realise that there have been Phds, etc. listed as well - obviously more irrelevant "qualifications"

M.

Sorry I do mean bar the academic qualifications mentioned, I should have included that thanks m4cc45 for correcting me.

Soldato
ITIL v3 Foundation
RHCE (RHEL6)

(have had a LPIC 1 and HPUX CSA at points in the past too)

Looking to do my RHEL7 RHCE this year if work stop being silly buggers about funding it and I have the time to actually do some revision.

Associate
Care to back that up with any form of justification?

Sure I hold quite a few of these certs mentioned, and most are vendor specific, in many circumstances useless and move IT professionals into being button pushing idiots. Others are so basic they are worth nothing . A few actually teach base skills, bits of the CCNA fall into this category. IT professionals shouldn't be taught which menus to select or buttons to press.

Back
Top Bottom