• iBook

Votes: 23 5.8%
  • eMac

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Other

Votes: 33 8.4%

• Total voters
Associate
Are they really that much better than a windows machine?

Im sorely tempted if they are :)

Ya know.....join the "brotherhood" kinda thing.

Yes - much better. I suggest if you do go for it get 'The Missing manual Converting to Mac'.

For me the best bit is I can stop reading e-mails/magazine reveiws/threads/etc. & thinking I'll get that new mobo/cpu/hdd/etc!

Soldato
Yeah tell me about it, the only upgrade I've done to the Mac Pro since I've had it is more HD space, a second DVD writer which I had spare anyway and taken it to 10GB of ram.

Mind I'll get a 4870 for it when ATI release the Mac version.

Soldato
I'm now officially an owner of a Mac Mini. My new toy sits underneath the telly in the living room, as it's intended to be used as a PVR. It's only the 1.6GHz model, and I'm about to upgrade the RAM and HDD on it to something more reasonable.

Just need to sort out what USB capture card I should get, to hook up to my Sky digibox.

Not sure at the moment if OSX is gonna stay on it or if it'll be replaced with MythBuntu. I'm much more comfortable using Linux than I am with OSX.

Permabanned
I'm now officially an owner of a Mac Mini. My new toy sits underneath the telly in the living room, as it's intended to be used as a PVR. It's only the 1.6GHz model, and I'm about to upgrade the RAM and HDD on it to something more reasonable.

Just need to sort out what USB capture card I should get, to hook up to my Sky digibox.

Not sure at the moment if OSX is gonna stay on it or if it'll be replaced with MythBuntu. I'm much more comfortable using Linux than I am with OSX.

Have a play with Plex for OSX :)

Associate
PowerBook G4 17" 1.33ghz 1.5gb RAM, PBG4 15" 1.25ghz 1gb RAM,
PowerMac G5 dual 2ghz 3gb RAM, running my Hazro HZ24Wi
also have s first Gen intel macbook- but the 17" is so much faster!

The Hazro looks awsome with the G5 pitty ab out the problems!

Back
Top Bottom