What "man jobs" have you done today?

Lot of curtains getting put up, including me. One for the front door and one in the living room bay window. Got lucky with the latter, wasn't sure what I was drilling in to but it was plasterboard so a nice easy job for once.

Contemplating getting a really thick heavy curtain for in front of our front door as its an old wooden door which lets a bit of a draft in. Hopefully something like that will make it a bit warmer and stop heat escaping!

Put up some Blackout curtains, for both newly decorated bedrooms, couldn't afford fitted, so off the shelf dunelm stuff.

Too short or too long, so too short in back room, too long in main bedroom tucked behind the rads, will have to take them to get shortend on one and see if they can add to the other :)

Bought house recently so been busy....

Painted main bedroom, lounge, kitchen, 2nd bedroom.new carpets coming today. Cooker installed, fridge plumbed in. Still lots to do.

So day off today whilst carpet fitters are in so I can chill in front of tv :-)

If any of your locks stick out from plate take that measurement off the new locks - they should be flush with plate - I didn't know till after I fitted £150 worth of locks all with same key - I took out old locks - measured and bought the same. :(:(

Decided to do something which I had been meaning to do for a long time with my LG 50 inch Plasma TV. 29 Kilos.

2015-10-30%2012.51.58.jpg

Bracket was £22 from Wilkos :o I decided to add a few extra fixings to that supplied. But the one's that were supplied were very good to be fair.
2015-10-30%2012.52.10.jpg

2015-10-30%2013.08.13.jpg

2015-10-30%2013.49.38.jpg

2015-10-30%2013.49.50.jpg

All because the misses wanted a new sofa :D

2015-10-30%2014.55.14.jpg

Just need to sort the wires out. Think I am going to put one of those Ikea floating shelves next to the TV and run the wires behind it somehow.

No it's a block wall, very soft and easy to chase out. I'm a builder/plasterer so it won't be a problem if I go that route which is looking more and more likely. :D

More stripping of woodwork and doors. I hate this job. The more time I spend with a heatgun and sandpaper, the more I'm thinking about getting a carpenter in to fit some new doors and frames.

Screw it, buying some new doors. Keeping frames.

Last edited:
Punched in all my network cables. 2 to each room and all back to a patch panel in the cupboard. Unfortunately going by the switches built in line detector I am getting a lot of open circuit faults, but from the reported distance they all seem to be at the faceplates. Network is only running at 100mb/s just now :(

Borrowed a cable tester from work so can identify which ones are broken/not connected properly. Hopefully get it up to full speed when I get some time this week.

Back
Top Bottom