What "man jobs" have you done today?

Need to get those logs up off the floor ir they will rot really quickly.

Put two floating shelves and curtain pole up in the nursery this morning, left the wife to clear up as I prepare for a walk into town and the roast dinner to follow it!

Lot of curtains getting put up, including me. One for the front door and one in the living room bay window. Got lucky with the latter, wasn't sure what I was drilling in to but it was plasterboard so a nice easy job for once.

Friend plastered my ceiling on the cheap, couple of patches didn't bond properly so when I painted it, off it came. Now I've gotta scrape it all back off and wait for him to reskim the whole thing tomorrow. Could cry. Guess that's what happens when ya get it on cheap!

Stripped some paint from a doorframe with a heat gun, then got the gun too close to the carpet and melted it a bit. Got me a bit cross as i was going so carefully as to not do that. Lesson learned. Wondering if I can patch it up with some cut-off or if that will look worse.

Shelf up and Light fitted :D

20151031_204018.jpg

Ran some more network cables this time upstairs, much more time consuming than downstairs. No way to avoid mains cables so gave up with that and ran them where ever, got one back box left to fit and cables for two rooms left.

Painted the front door step, sprayed some weedkiller while we had a dry couple of days.

Removed all these:

IMG_20151101_150716.jpg

Fitted these (several layers of boxes of LED's):
IMG_20151101_150746.jpg

Almost a 1400 watt reduction so far in lighting and I still have a couple of fittings to replace! In the whole house there was only 1 energy saving bulb and a ton of 50 watt halogens, I don't know how the previous owners put up with the sky high electric bills!

Dave

Quite proud of myself. This past few weeks I fixed the toilet flush with a paperclip, took the dryer apart when it stopped working and fixed the belt tension thingy, then took the dishwasher apart and got it working again (probably only temporarily) due to a bad ribbon cable from the control panel.

This from somebody who is 41 and never done much more than change a light bulb until recently :o

Better late than never I guess....

Worst day ever.

Plaster skim my mate done cheap didn't bond properly last week. I think it was down to the pva I bought. I bought a smallish bottle never a wood work section in b and q and not a big bottle from the plaster area. It turns out it was crap..

Didn't bond properly so when I painted it, some patches came off with my roller...

Decided to patch them areas up rather than scrape off skim...

Painted rest of ceiling once them patches dried and it came off in another damn spot!

So today I spent 4 hours scraping down a whole 4x4m ceiling. Blisters allover hands and crap allover room.

Now he's gotta do it again tonight.

Total nightmare.

Almost half a man job, RCD tripped mid tumble, checked extension, OK, tumble switch disconnected, NOPE, turns out to be a mains suppressor connected to mains in.

GENUINE BEKO TUMBLE DRYER MAINS SUPPRESSOR FILTER DRCS68S DRCS68W DRCT70W
Free Click & Collect
Estimated collection date: Fri. 6 Nov.

Job almost done

Back
Top Bottom