What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Just when you think every thing is going along nicely something pops it's head up !!!

The door on summer house has been dragging on one bottom edge - I thought perhaps wind had caught door and done something but all screws and hinges were in place - Sitting thinking about it I got spirit level out and checked door frames for vertical - Ah -- out ! leaning towards corner that's dragging - When we had this summerhouse first thing I said to wife is - there are no cross braceing's - Seems this very hot weather has dried out the wood and I can see where it's shrunk by the line of unpainted wood on all ship lap joins -being as they are T&G I didn't think it would move but it certainly has - I think heat has opened up the nail holes to allow this slight movement - So temp cross bracing and a slow turn of jack over the next few days should get it vertical again then will knock up some bracing for corners and T pieces for those between doors and windows - The back end looks OK as that is full T&G top to bottom.

413939153.jpg

413939155.jpg

413939154.jpg

My cross brace works - just tried door and it's binding on top now - undo jack half turn and door shuts perfect - tomorrow will make some corner braces and tee brace for the middle.

Last edited:
Associate
Already dug nearly 30mm extra out of the garden in prep for the type1 stone today

If all goes to plan I'll also get 80% of the patio laid!

Soldato
Cleaned out garden, pressure washed patio (sooo much dirt) and had a general clear out of the borders, pots etc.

Only disadvantage is now its abundantly clear how much re-pointing needs doing on the patio :(

Soldato
Ive only got 2x doors to go! :D

Im liking the look of that :)

What if you get a leak under there through ?

Ive got wobbly plastic panels on my bath too, so may do the same :p

Ive also just been out watering my bushes )ooh err! :eek:), as they're getting a bit dry now.

I was tempted to design it with a section that was removable, but didn't bother in the end :p Too much extra work.

Probably will be moving on to a bigger house in a couple of years, so hopefully no bath plumbing issues before then :D

Back
Top Bottom