What "man jobs" have you done today?

Associate
Shifted rolls of 200mm loft insulation, boards and loft legs into loft ready for installing later this week. That is after I clear the loft of rubbish.

Soldato
Finally fitted my new Zanussi washing machine permanently - it's been in and out like a YoYo. - Finally got pipes in a position where machine will push back that extra 40mm so can get the door on - talk about faffing around - - The thing that made it easier to move was spraying the tiles with Pledge polish where feet run
I am sure the older you get the harder a simple job becomes. check once -check twice -check three time and still get it wrong :mad::mad:

Soldato
Lots of radiators being replaced today. Decided I'd take the opportunity to drain and clean out the expansion tank.

Absolutely filthy, full of black sludge and sediment. Totally clean now and refilled with clean water. Ready for additives when the system gets refilled.

Made up a quick MDF lid for it to also as the original one must have gone MIA decades ago.

Soldato
Made some simple shelves for my little garden / storage shed.

Once I've cleared out some of the crap I can move my less used tools into here too and finally be able to work in my larger shed / workshop again.

98SBqCT.jpg

YaxiysX.jpg

Soldato
Got the garage emptied out, and fitted B&Q's foam garage floor tiles. Grossly misjudged just how many were needed - bought 24, needed 50. One extra trip later, all sorted. Stanley knife and finger-safe cutting ruler and all done.

Soldato
Messy.

Also, no point unless you are using a decent setup. Either expensive to buy or will need to rent. Don't even bother trying with a cheap DIY store electric HVLP machine.

By them time you've got spray suitable paint, setup, protected the entire room from spray over / splash you'd probably be better off just rolling / brushing.

Associate
Finished loft insulation with loft legs and some boarding for storage. Only took like 23 hours and now have a load of loft rubbish to dispose of.

Back
Top Bottom