What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Cleaned the Magnaclean out on heating system. Having boiler serviced on Thursday.

18 months worth of black silt.

414321093.jpg

Soldato
Over last few days, painted the porch, downstairs look, hall, landing and stairs, new toilet seat, and hopefully need to check now its raining fixed the leaking garage roof and gutter

Don
Finished the workshop (well, as finished as anything like this can be).

Specs:
Tiger Sheds XL Workshop 14x8
Addition roof beams for strength
Safety-glass windows
Acrylic secondary glazing
Breathable membrane on all surfaces
50mm Jablite insulation on walls and ceiling
Plasterboard on all walls followed by a skim
Hardboard on ceiling
Carpet tiles on floor
LED smart lighting
30A circuit
4 x double sockets
100mm extractor
Alarm

Did everything myself apart from the skimming as I suck at it so got a mate to do it. I had help from a bunch of mates to do the superstructure build and the concrete base.

I built the big bench with the mitre-saw out of 2x2 and floorboards. It came out pretty good. I'll probably build some drawers for it at a later date.

g0kcHtb.jpg

NR0p9m5.jpg

mC8s4v8.jpg

Zh9LhaD.jpg

igplyGm.jpg

3mL49dK.jpg

Soldato
Now that is what you call a shed. - I have a chair like that but I cut the back off and made a stool.

One thing I would put in there is a basic alarm system and strengthen door up a bit.

Don
Now that is what you call a shed. - I have a chair like that but I cut the back off and made a stool.

One thing I would put in there is a basic alarm system and strengthen door up a bit.

It's already alarmed, although only a basic PIR system. Probably going to put a PIR floodlight above the door too. I've replaced the lock with a much better item and am panning to box the door in and insulate it. Going to get some blinds for the windows tomorrow (which I will motorise with some stepper motors and an Arduino).

Soldato
Looks great ... can't see the heat ?

Did some reluming of clock hands ...
purchased 5g/£2 Strontium Aluminate with europium , mixed knife-tip worth with some car clear-coat laquer, and daubed on alarm clock hands after some IPA cleaning,
it re-charges during daylight then glows ... much easier than expected providing the laquer doesn't eat the hands.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?53664-Applying-Lume-to-Hands
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...Ultra-Green-Glow-in-the-Dark-Powder-v10/page3

49006142288_99fde0620b_o_d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom