What "man jobs" have you done today?

Making a wetroom floor this size on a concrete base has become a money pit.

Have to chisel down to 30mm to take the preformed shower tray then built it all back up with all the right falls across the room.

Had to triple up boards as the floor was just to bad to take anything thicker, plus you still have to make it fall to the trap.

Materials alone with the tray are now around £1,200 odd, still done now.

H-Track (disability hoist) fitted on tueday with costing £6,000 :(

s78VMDs.jpg
cj9G2tP.jpg
hsjWv3J.jpg
FSNylmv.jpg
Km0RzKq.jpg

Last edited:
They are normally faultless from my experience... Of course, I haven't started mine since last year so famous last words :cry: .

You did remember to turn the fuel tap to on?
Haha yup managed to do a bit of the lawn, had the same problem before winter came, I just changed the oil and it was ok. Something else going on.

I've finished work to the spare / guest room. Finally found a lamp I'm happy with, plus left the old uplighter in there temporarily until the wifi enabled g9 blub arrives for the new one.

The carpet is wool, so gives a nice natural feel to the room. Finished it off with a bit of bespoke Ai art. :p

GuestRoom2.jpg

It may well be me, if so, my apologies, but the door doesn't look like it fits the `ole.... :) It's probably some facet of the camera angle or lens, but it looks, err, odd.

I've been slowly turning a section of my garden into a wild area. Got a couple of bird boxes up last year (one was used within days which was encouraging so hoping they'll be used again). Planted a small Kilmarnock Willow tree last year as well.

A couple of weeks ago, I moved a few clumps of snowdrops and bluebells in as well as a couple of old logs and then this morning, I got around to sowing the wildflower seeds (no grasses).

It was touch and go about sowing them as weather shows potential frost in about 7 days albeit some forecasts are showing none :confused: . I'm hoping that, because they take 10-14 days to germinate, if the frost comes, the seeds won't quite have germinated yet and it'll be ok...

Hopefully I should have some shoots up around the first week in April

PXL-20230318-114710456-2.jpg

Last edited:
Next up - some G-Rack shelving for the shed so I can cram even more crap in there :cry:

I'm feeling ever so manly today what with all these little jobs being done :eek:

Now if only the weather would be dry for a couple of days, I might actually get to cutting the damn grass :(

Drain cleaning has been todays task and it's still blocked and my arm now stinks and washing doesn't remove the stench. BLURGH.
£40 spent on the Rainforest for some wire spring type rods and a plunger, will be here tomorrow to attack it again then.
Can't attack it from the "other end" via the drain cover as that's been tiled over in the conservatory :rolleyes:

I wanted to strip the wallpaper today but realised I CBA to remove the radiator just yet - didn't want to half start/finish a job. Decided to strip enough to fit the shutters. Had to level the sill as the long span was twisted where it joined the small bit. Whacked a frame fixing in and filled it, sanded - first fix on the shutters (y).

10i5Q99.jpeg

I wanted to strip the wallpaper today but realised I CBA to remove the radiator just yet - didn't want to half start/finish a job. Decided to strip enough to fit the shutters. Had to level the sill as the long span was twisted where it joined the small bit. Whacked a frame fixing in and filled it, sanded - first fix on the shutters (y).

10i5Q99.jpeg
Good job.
Where did you order the shutters from?

Back
Top Bottom