What "man jobs" have you done today?

You sure the plastic cable ties will be strong enough?
I would have gone with stainless jubilee clips just to be on the safe side.

They're tight and onto relatively soft rubber hose - Ill get some next time I'm in B&Q and may swap them out / have them in incase

Really need this back up and running - all this washing up is running my hands ;) :D :cry:

They're tight and onto relatively soft rubber hose - Ill get some next time I'm in B&Q and may swap them out / have them in incase

Really need this back up and running - all this washing up is running my hands ;) :D :cry:
Looks pretty good job that! Was it not a ******* to take out your washing machine? Mine is a dead tight 600mm width opening so total pain

Last edited:
Replaced the heating element in the dishwasher (kept tripping the electrics)

IMG20230311085825.jpg

So far, so good *crosses fingers*

Good job on the diagnosis and replacement :cool:.

The plastic cable tie isn't the best as it may stretch or become brittle with the heat of the water, so if you see a puddle later you'll know where it comes from! A stainless steel cable tie would last longer.

I'm surprised the new element didn't come with a replacement clamp but then you'd have needed the tool to pinch it closed.

Good job on the diagnosis and replacement :cool:.

The plastic cable tie isn't the best as it may stretch or become brittle with the heat of the water, so if you see a puddle later you'll know where it comes from! A stainless steel cable tie would last longer.

I'm surprised the new element didn't come with a replacement clamp but then you'd have needed the tool to pinch it closed.

Thanks and yes, no obvious way to get the old ones odd without forcing them, which misshaped them and obviously need a fresh one and tool to install them. Will check the ties and get some jubilee clips

Thanks and yes, no obvious way to get the old ones odd without forcing them, which misshaped them and obviously need a fresh one and tool to install them. Will check the ties and get some jubilee clips

I'm sure it'll be fine for a number of years with the plastic cable tie. I think the metal "one ear" type clips are used because they are quicker to install during production line manufacture and survive the jostling of being in transit.

Last night helped a friend load up a Zipvan with IKEA bits. Today spent all day building IKEA bits for her kids' rooms.

Flipping knackered TBH, I was also effectively covering some childcare and fielding an 8 and 10 year old half the time. Managed to give the 8 yr old several tasks at least and got him vaguely good at using a drill/driver. I've also established I am Mean Ben when I'm busy and sent him away when I'm concentrating. I'm fine with that, he doesn't have to like me! He does have to learn some rules and consequences though :D

You can get stainless steel zip ties, they are commonly used on car constant velocity joint gaiters, and won't stretch with heat or centrifugal forces. To remove the plier crimped OE clips use a die grinder (Dremel type grinder) on an edge of the plier crimp of the clip safely clear of the hose until it is ground right through. You can use a file if there's room, but it's a bit tedious...

Looks pretty good job that! Was it not a ******* to take out your washing machine? Mine is a dead tight 600mm width opening so total pain
I have a doorway opposite my washing machine and put a length of 2x2 across doorway then put a rope around two front feet and tied a knot in rope -then used a ratchet strap tied to the wood and clipped to rope and ratcheted it out - I also had to lift it over the tiles.
Another tip is spray floor just at front of machine with polish - it slides back in easier.

Fitted an floodlight and installed a fused spur for it. I have been putting this job off for so long as electrics scare me and didn't fancy killing myself. But after watching numerous YouTube videos I plucked up the courage!

It works and I am still alive, wasn't expecting both so good result

iiF5mmN.jpg
3sAFG9D.jpg

Was at a wedding yesterday so have been delayed another weekend. But my hands are still screwed so its OK. Still, managed to fit the wifes gag Christmas present (festoon lights). Once I have tidied up the borders on the left I'll run the Hue lights more more nicely.

8Ea1mEi.jpg

WjDpC8n.jpg
^I lopped a great big lump out of this pear still (furthest right branch). I hope I haven't killed it but it was just too high. I really need to lop about 3foot off of the top as well.

Gravel boards pending still....

Back
Top Bottom