What "man jobs" have you done today?

Green is green.
Less of the prison chat :cry:

---

Managed to build a small retaining wall for the neighbors patio. Unfortunately I only had low density block so no idea how long it'll last. Their entire patio is sand on soil so it's all over the shop anyway. Its 90% better than it was, at least.

I did have to sacrifice my only spare gravel board to make their side look decent tho, so I am short a board. Last time I ordered they only had 3m ones so I paid 1.8m prices for them - fingers crossed no more stock has come in :D

Guess where I copped out :D

ImLGqy4.jpeg

Also, any structural engineers able to tell me why this shed is still standing?

O0wghhC.jpeg
Hard to tell but basically no bit of the shed on the left hand side is in contact with the ground lol.

In my experience NHS and DWP PMs are pretty much the most useless human beings you'll come across.
Having done a lot of work with both, I concur

Part of the problem is when a body / organisation / company needs someone to be a point of contact / "take.a lead" from their side on a "project" (which in itself can be pretty much anything) they get the title Project Manager when they mostly couldn't manage their own calendar efficiently

Intended to come and finish wiring the kitchen, and do the top floor lights (flat roof so no loft space, all done from below). Actually ended up arriving late and losing half a day to cleaning the kitchen full of dust top to bottom. Chasing wire routes is so horribly messy, be glad when it's all finished.

Did manage to fit half the faceplates so we can use appliances in the kitchen again, and pull the 6mm cooker wires in and out. Also opened up all the lighting roses and planned out where I THINK the cables go to/from. Hopefully finish all this over Easter weekend.

Intended to come and finish wiring the kitchen, and do the top floor lights (flat roof so no loft space, all done from below). Actually ended up arriving late and losing half a day to cleaning the kitchen full of dust top to bottom. Chasing wire routes is so horribly messy, be glad when it's all finished.

Did manage to fit half the faceplates so we can use appliances in the kitchen again, and pull the 6mm cooker wires in and out. Also opened up all the lighting roses and planned out where I THINK the cables go to/from. Hopefully finish all this over Easter weekend.
Am on wall chasing for Easter weekend. Rip

Mask up, goggle up, ear defenders, dust sheets!

Got an SDS drill for knocking the pieces out?
Yep; altho you've reminded me I need to replace some of the basic chisels as mine have gone walkies. I'll give the socket chisel thingy a go as well but I'm not sure it'll work as most of the areas are brick!

Yep; altho you've reminded me I need to replace some of the basic chisels as mine have gone walkies. I'll give the socket chisel thingy a go as well but I'm not sure it'll work as most of the areas are brick!
An acquaintance used one of those and after a minute or so of SDS'ing saw daylight as the single skin wall lost a whole brick to the fresh air.

An acquaintance used one of those and after a minute or so of SDS'ing saw daylight as the single skin wall lost a whole brick to the fresh air.
That's got my hole-in-the-bathroom episode beat :D

The benefit of having cheese for walls though, is the SDS box sinker eats its way through very quickly. Haven't had to chase a single real brick.

Today's job, sewing a button back on my trousers. That little barsteward ain't going anywhere.

Had a lovely trip to the tip at the weekend dumping off the laminate floor ripped up from my rental courtesy of the skipping tenant doing a runner after leaving it in a state.

Love a tip me, although they're not what they were, far too organised nowadays.

More tiles.... Let's pray they hold

Ow47fjM.jpeg

SlaGsRY.jpeg

I had to use a 5mm spacer here rather than 3mm as I realised in situ that one (or multiple) tiles were out of size around the corner to get grout lines matching...
cS7Jvsy.jpeg

This section under the boiler is normally covered with a removable box section anyways - I think a boiler change will happen within 5 years so didn't want to box it all in
LTgDAiH.jpeg

I spent all morning trying to get these 3 sockets on/aligned but there's not enough room... Now bought a "grout remover" carbide multi tool bit to nibble out a small amount of porcelain tile to "push" the right hand socket to the right very slightly so it doesn't overlap. The grout cleaned up OK at least!
6zcWK9X.jpeg

Last edited:
Chaps,

Can anyone recommend a Sawzall blade that can cut through tree branches etc? I may have blunted the ones I got in my kit but they didn't seem super effective.

I want something with teeth like a bow saw :p :cry:

Back
Top Bottom