What "man jobs" have you done today?

Permabanned
Replace the word "Ferrari" with the word "Human being" and you will find out why lifts are designed to be pretty stable.
Yeah people don't realise they lock in place per rise/drop. So even if the hydraulics fail they're still stuck there haha :) The only time they're dangerous is if some helmet trys to hang off the car undoing something, or you say work on a Porsche with the engine at the rear (all the weight) and nothing up front, then death haha.

Soldato
The other day I had the good idea of taking TV out and clean and tidy up behind it -Got rid of DVD also took all wires off surround sound -Left it there as it's one that will take weight of TV -I have no idea where all the spare wires came from. All polished and glass cleaned -Looks a treat.
After doing that I thought it would be even a better idea to get PC out and clean all that up. Un plugged it all vacced it and dusted it and then started tto put left monitor back up (got two side by side.).. Well the left one had a problem when I first had it -you couldn't tighten it up enough to stop left one swinging down -lift it and down it ccame -Only solution I found was drill threaded holes out and put nut and bolt in -Perfect.
Now here comes the novice part -=Plugged it all in and right monitor no picture -Poked around and nothing so as it was getting past my bedtime I left it.
This morning while eating my dognut -ping !! -I made the same mistake I made on my first PC -I plugged HDMI cord on socket going up side at back -I have a graphics card. All nice and clean now.
:o

Soldato
As they are now dormant, and it looks like the only dry day here for weeks :( - Small bit of tree pruning:

Pear - took away a branch cluster that was going to start rubbing the other ones if I left it. Still a very young tree (2 years old now) so not needing anything else.
Willow - This is a Kilmarnock willow so is a dwarf variety (about 3 feet high). Took a fair few branches off it that were crossing/rubbing as well as any that were growing the wrong way i.e. upwards or horizontal (its a weeping willow). Also shortened some that were trailing on the ground.

Associate
I really need to get out and rake my garden of leaves from the nearby chestnut tree. They land in a shaded patch and I'm sure that's why the lawn there is quite bare.

Just need some daylight!
Yes if i leave them they sort of burn into the grass and make mine lawn patchy, calling it a lawn makes it sound like its well tended, it is anything but. I would treat the weeds but they are about 80% of the lawn.

Soldato
Yes if i leave them they sort of burn into the grass and make mine lawn patchy, calling it a lawn makes it sound like its well tended, it is anything but. I would treat the weeds but they are about 80% of the lawn.
Do you live in my house? :p

Let the worms deal with it.
Funnily enough my front "lawn" has been wrecked since removing the bushes, having a new water main dug in, and builders using it for dumping sand and cement deliveries. Today it is COVERED in little worm mounds. Birds would have a field day if I dig it over.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Started installing loft legs again today (the right way around this time). Think I need some timber where the clown who installed the current boarding obviously ran out and just bodged it. Also need some additional legs and insulation. I'll be thankful to go to Screwfix just to get out of the house for a short while! :D

When raising the existing chipboard, they slot in a certain way with a top lip and a bottom lip. I assume I'm best to raise the floor from one side of the loft, the side where the lip is on the bottom side of the board as I'm moving along?

Soldato
Made the tv mirror in the wet room work again, after it decided it didn't like any network or volume control.

2IDLhZ4.jpg

Associate
Started installing loft legs again today (the right way around this time). Think I need some timber where the clown who installed the current boarding obviously ran out and just bodged it. Also need some additional legs and insulation. I'll be thankful to go to Screwfix just to get out of the house for a short while! :D

When raising the existing chipboard, they slot in a certain way with a top lip and a bottom lip. I assume I'm best to raise the floor from one side of the loft, the side where the lip is on the bottom side of the board as I'm moving along?
The previous owner had done mine with a selection of dismantled chipboard furniture.
Had to rip out the lot and start again.

Back
Top Bottom