What "man jobs" have you done today?

Finally got around to some snagging jobs. Unfortunately I can't get the quality I want with the tools I have, so my Christmas list is growing (need a track saw minimum but also a proper chop saw; this one can be relegated to chopping kindling I think).

Anyway, with all those constraints I managed to fit one bit of kick board...the others need to lose a fraction of height, and the 3m length on the other side needs the vent for the floor heater cut in...nice to see the full effect of the floor tho!

v3Wslr0.jpeg

I can fit the door frame back once I've done the other side, as I need to remove it and probably slice the architrave to get it to fit nicely (rather than scribe the kitchen trim!).

I also did a bit I had precut when my brother's table saw was here...not quite bang on (0.5mm too tight on the bottom). I won't be looking for it! The cut is straight is the main thing...
Q4ksM1H.jpeg

I also swapped out my switch for a PoE one and fitted my 2nd camera.
iVeoIfv.jpeg

Works great with web2rtc - steams real time with zero lag. Home assistant users - this is a real game changer!
c8yqWu5.jpeg

I stripped down the washing machine which decided to die on Friday.
Only to find the tub is heat sealed on this model so I can't replace the failed drum bearing.

So I have now brought myself a new machine for Christmas. Just what I always wanted.....

I stripped down the washing machine which decided to die on Friday.
Only to find the tub is heat sealed on this model so I can't replace the failed drum bearing.

So I have now brought myself a new machine for Christmas. Just what I always wanted.....
Where you bruy it from?

@Diddums don't kill me :P

I thought you would want a rest after the amount you have done to the house this year
I think he's unable to sit still TBH.

I'm being threatened with a second child so need a civilised man cave far from the house :cry:. The shed/garage/workshop can then formally be christened as a proper workshop.
RMA your missus, if she's void of that or warranty, sell her on the dark web and then expand the man cave, buy a classic car, live the dream!

Putting kids in there seems a bit harsh
Yet surprisingly effective/cheap solution!
:cry:

I know right... I even have a pit in the 40sqm workshop
Yeah, but think what you could have in there, to quote my post above... Food for thought mate ;)
Messed around with some old BMW's and a classic Ferrari then went home for a steak, about to weigh in some whisky, does that count?
rarie30.jpg

45-BE59-A7-2-CE8-41-ED-8-A11-B383-B05565-F5.jpg

:cry:

@200sols should I put the plinth into one of those plastic things to stop it sucking up moisture? They don't look great but peeling plinths look worse I guess!
They certainly work but you're right they look a bit naff. I do use them now though, plinths tend to a swell a bit without them and then it's hassle if you need to remove them.

After a while you tend to not notice them.

They certainly work but you're right they look a bit naff. I do use them now though, plinths tend to a swell a bit without them and then it's hassle if you need to remove them.

After a while you tend to not notice them.
Super thanks man. You'll be proud I used my better judgement on the 600 bit beneath the Belfast sink. It was super tight and for sure I could have forced it. I anticipated major future headaches, gave up and used it as an excuse to lock in and a track saw purchase :cool: (yet to happen).

Back
Top Bottom