What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Awesome, thank you.

I am not sure how to accurately measure that. It’s a very old Glow Worm boiler with just a numbers dial to set the boiler temperature. I have set it to number 4, max is 5.

Rads are hovering around 60C. I am using a cheap temp gun to get the reading off the rads.

Fair enough. You would measure the flow and return pipe work with your temp gun. You want as big a delta T as possible. So if you’ve got 60C flow, something like a 40C return would be awesome.

Associate
Fair enough. You would measure the flow and return pipe work with your temp gun. You want as big a delta T as possible. So if you’ve got 60C flow, something like a 40C return would be awesome.
Ah… sweet.

I can put my hands on the central heating return pipe where the MagnaClean is, so I guess I have a big enough delta.

Of course, the flow is untouchable… hot potato!

Soldato
How does this even happen?

tUjzVqw.jpeg

Soldato
The landscapers had got to a point where current garden tap location was proving problematic, so with a Plasson Universal coupling, some 25mdpe pipe, fittings and a shovel I got to work yesterday.

8lyZSm7.jpeg

XlT2qEq.jpeg

Aco drain is next on their list at the end of that run of slabs, where it meets the pool platform, going to a soakaway to be dug in the lawn.

This will be the lawn area, pictured in the summer when much drier!

BnD25YH.jpeg

I still need to trench further toward where the existing water pipe was unearthed, and bury it with the submains electric cable too (seen in pic) - the whole area where the new tap is in need of some loving

Last edited:
Soldato
That pipe doesn't look deep enough not to freeze
It isn't, currently - but we're raising the finished height to be much closer to patio height, so will be when back filled/finished.

MDPE isn't as susceptible to freezing as copper, and we're in the Channel Islands where we very rarely see sub zero temperatures - I'm confident it'll be fine for now (famous last words :cry:)

Soldato
Probably worked out the dimensions required subtracting two thicknesses, but measured the ga after putting sidepieces in. Good spot.
You give far too much credit..I just mixed up 114 with 104 :cry:

I assume the top lintel isn't straight? The insulation looks like its bowing in the middle.
It's called character :rolleyes:

(It was actually a bow in the material but I did fix it :D).

Soldato
The landscapers had got to a point where current garden tap location was proving problematic, so with a Plasson Universal coupling, some 25mdpe pipe, fittings and a shovel I got to work yesterday.

I still need to trench further toward where the existing water pipe was unearthed, and bury it with the submains electric cable too (seen in pic) - the whole area where the new tap is in need of some loving

Don't they put a French drain or gap between the wall and paving anymore?

Back
Top Bottom