What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Put a bit more insulation down under the boiler where the floor is a little lower. I put 100mm in originally but figured I could double that and still leave a healthy gap for ventilation. There's still more to be done in the loft...slowly getting there :rolleyes:

I need to get a new extractor fan for the bathroom sorted. It needs to be in-line in the loft space and then vent out to the gable wall. I gather smooth ducting is the way to go?

Soldato
Had a big to-do list today and hardly got to any of it, I'm so tired every weekend lately. Putting it down to time of year. Ended up just doing the cosmetic stuff because while the house is very much not finished, it makes the living room nicer while we're home so much. Also does genuinely get some of the crap out of the way to hang it on the wall. Some art and a light fitting from my partner's old studio.

Also raked the last of the dead leaves from the shady end of the garden in hopes the grass perks up a bit before we can reseed.

Last edited:
Soldato
Taped some joints in my bathroom. Ran out of tape but as that's the opposite side of 1500 tray I think it'll be fine.

XSLX8E7.jpeg

3SudH7j.jpeg

Gotta start laying my tiles next week!
BNLR54n.jpeg

Soldato
Flex outlet.

personally I always use the switched fused verity.
Cheese - that has been bothering me for a while and I kept forgetting to ask :cry:

What are the fused versions called? I need one for the heated towel radiator -- but preferable a smart one. I might just end up running a "spur" and using a smart plug at this rate...

Soldato
I can’t say I’ve seen any smart ones to be honest so a smart plug may be the only options.

It’s the same switched fuse with flex outlet e.g.

Front outlet:

Bottom outlet:

Pretty sure other brands do them without the red on the switch which i personally don’t like.

Soldato
Don't forget the Grommet!
He threw me off by calling me verity :D

I can’t say I’ve seen any smart ones to be honest so a smart plug may be the only options.

It’s the same switched fuse with flex outlet e.g.

Front outlet:

Bottom outlet:

Pretty sure other brands do them without the red on the switch which i personally don’t like.
Cheers, much appreciated.

Soldato
Taped some joints in my bathroom. Ran out of tape but as that's the opposite side of 1500 tray I think it'll be fine
Gotta start laying my tiles next week!

I was talking to someone about this the other day and he said he's never seen someome tape an area that's going to be tiled and has worked in the industry (but not as a tiler) for a long time.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was talking to someone about this the other day and he said he's never seen someome tape an area that's going to be tiled and has worked in the industry (but not as a tiler) for a long time.
That's because most old boys/tradies know best and like to tell others how they do it versus ask questions/show humility.

Soldato
My tiler who was good and did previous bathroom said the same. He said the same if you fully comb adhesive on, it should be alreet'. But to be honest it costs a hundred or maybe a bit more quid it's not much for me so I'd rather do it :x

Pretty sure tile backer (or tanking paint) is now a British standard requirement for moisture areas but I'm sure loads don't use that either

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom