What "man jobs" have you done today?

That's because most old boys/tradies know best and like to tell others how they do it versus ask questions/show humility.
Well, I guess the waterproof sealant tape I can see being useful, although Marmox says to seal between the boards. And if you're using sealant do you really need to tape over it? Mind you, I can't remember if the procedure is actually to tape wet areas and seal in non-wet.

But the gauze type thing that Knauf suggest, I'm not sure how much waterproofing that offers, after all it's sealed on with the same adhesive that the tiles are.

Last edited:
Well, I guess the waterproof sealant tape I can see being useful, although Marmox says to seal between the boards. And if you're using sealant do you really need to tape over it? Mind you, I can't remember if the procedure is actually to tape wet areas and seal in non-wet.

But the gauze type thing that Knauf suggest, I'm not sure how much waterproofing that offers, after all it's sealed on with the same adhesive that the tiles are.
Marmox say to seal and waterproof tape wet areas and to scrim non wet areas.

Tiles and grout are the aesthetic finish only.

Plasterboard prep is different, it has to be tanked. The knauf tape assuming you mean scrim isnt for waterproofing.

Last edited:
Fixed the toilet, that has been doing that annoying 'drip drip' for years.
Next up is to fill some holes in a lath and plaster walls and explore lining paper that can removed that late Victorian chilled walls these places suffer from :(

Last edited:
You give far too much credit..I just mixed up 114 with 104 :cry:

I once wanted a glass top for a coffee table. Measured it all up and sent the dimensions to a glass place. It arrived and was too short. I moaned on email and they sent me another exactly the same size. Then i re-measured my table. Realised i was wrong and replied thanking them for sending out a correct size :D

That table never got it's glass top.

What niche did you use @Buffman ? I am thinking of a super wide one; I can see Wetroom Store do them for £90 delivered:
This ones the marmox one. I got one upstairs previously that was schluter. I think both of them as they are extruded are much easier/more robust in terms of waterproofing than the example you linked.

Last edited:
In all honesty, if you have trees in your garden (and particularly if you planted them yourself) then I think its unreasonable to be annoyed by your neighbours throwing branches/leaves etc over into your garden as long as it doesn't damage anything of course. (this is an open statement, not referring to anyone here)

If you choose to plant trees (or continue to enjoy ones you didn't plant) then you should accept all the cuttings and other items coming off the tree including overhanging branches being pruned by your neighbour.

Started again with raising the loft boards from 170mm to 340mm.

Mxkd12p.jpeg

As much as I want to put the extractor in the void I think it'll have to go above the boards as otherwise the ducting would get squashed.

Started again with raising the loft boards from 170mm to 340mm.

Mxkd12p.jpeg

As much as I want to put the extractor in the void I think it'll have to go above the boards as otherwise the ducting would get squashed.
You could always opt for rigid ducting if you wanted it below. Keep it accessible though.

Last edited:
I think this stems from law. If I recall correctly you can cut back an overhanging tree to the boundary and return the cuttings to the owner of the land in which the tree is planted.

Last edited:
Might be local council/location specific.

We have a local burn whenever you want as long as it is not toxic, which see's a few taps at the door from the 'Your not from around these parts are you' trying to tell me what the local bylaws are.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom